Update on image freezes

Hi,

an intermediate update on the image freeze issue:

we have isolated a problem of WinDVD 5.x, that distracted us when we tried to reproduce the problems posted:

At chapter-transitions WinDVD seems to have a problem synchronising audio and video-data in all DVD titles (transcoded or not). So if you experience any picture jumps or freezes with WinDVD, please try to mute audio and play the scene again. If the jump/freeze disappears, it is most likely a WinDVD problem.

… to be continued …

IMO it is not a WinDVD-related problem : 1- Freezing areas random & not always repeatable in same areas & if I mute the sound of WinDVD ,problem continues…

2- Typically they are near the last portion of DVD movies

3- & Here is my last prediction & opinion: This anomaly seems very media-dependant : If I rip the same movie using with “DVD Region-Free + Clone DVD” combination & I burn it on a DVD-R media ,problem is usually there ,but if I use a DVD+RW media experimentally under the same conditions of course (Same software,same hardware, same movie),problem seems resolved but I need more positive examples of course …Still trying …

My DVD burner BTW : SonyDRU510A Firmware 1.0d (latest)

Originally posted by armin
[B]Hi,

an intermediate update on the image freeze issue:

we have isolated a problem of WinDVD 5.x, that distracted us when we tried to reproduce the problems posted:

At chapter-transitions WinDVD seems to have a problem synchronising audio and video-data in all DVD titles (transcoded or not). So if you experience any picture jumps or freezes with WinDVD, please try to mute audio and play the scene again. If the jump/freeze disappears, it is most likely a WinDVD problem.

… to be continued … [/B]

I am also experiecing the image freeze problem and as I do not have windvd installed I do not think this is what you should be looking for. all the movies i have cut freeze towards the end of the movie have gone back to an earlier version of dvd clone and thisproblem is less noticable

Originally posted by rayw
I am also experiecing the image freeze problem and as I do not have windvd installed I do not think this is what you should be looking for.

Yes we know, but we had to isolate the WinDVD issue first, because we got many false reports.

From our point of view, all other issues seem to be burning-related. To commit that, please try to copy the DVD files from the burned DVD back to your harddrive and replay the movie from there (with whatever player you like). If the freezes disappear, we got one step further in tracking this down.

Thanks…

Tried your suggestion & voila : If I watch the DVD movies(same problematic ones of course) from my HDD, problem seems totally resolved … I think this is a burning issue … As I mentioned before if I use DVD+RW discs ,no problem again but DVD-R discs are very problematic … BTW DVD+R/RW discs cost about 5$ each whereas DVD-R discs cost 1$ each in my country…:bow: :bow: :bow:

& now I’m trying to use Nero API to burn the DVD files(Produced by CloneDVD) to a DVD-R Disc … :bow: :bow: :bow:

Latest update:

try to reduce the writing speed. Probably the ‘maximum’ setting is not working for your drive.

hope this fixes it…

tried some tests with varoius software
read with dvd shrink 3.5 write with clonedvd image freeze
read with dvd2one 1.3 write with clonedvd image freeze
read with clonedvd latest write with clonedvd image freeze
tried the above but writing with copytodvd all work perfectly
same hardware same media nec 1300 1.08 shintaro 4x media

to me it seems a definate write problem btw wrote all at max speed hope this helps somehow . I really think clonedvd is a great proggy hope this is resolved soon

Same situation !!! : I use “CloneDVD+DVD Region-Free” combination for ripping-compression & “ImgTool+NeroAPI” for burning now… It seems working flawlessly at the moment but still I’m sef-possessed; this is not a final verdict yet ; we will see the forthcoming results… :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: