Update: Large studios to phase out DVDs in favor of blue laser titles

vbimport

I just posted the article Update: Large studios to phase out DVDs in favor of blue laser titles.

We have received press releases from Universal Studios and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment that they will phase out the releases of DVD movies in favour of next generation formats Bluray (Sony) and…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13184-Update-Large-studios-to-phase-out-DVDs-in-favor-of-blue-laser-titles.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13184-Update-Large-studios-to-phase-out-DVDs-in-favor-of-blue-laser-titles.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

They got me… :S
This message was edited at: 01-04-2007 18:04:55

Ha…Ha…ha between you guys and new.com im splitting my sides with laughter (sarcastic)

Note to self: Don’t read news articles on April Fools Day

If this should really be true, they should not expect me to buy one of their crappy discs again :r But maybe people can find a way to convert these new formats to DVD so we can download them on P2P networks and burn them on recordable DVD! :d

They got me… :S
This message was edited at: 01-04-2007 18:04:55

Good! Now maybe you clowns will start posting some news about Bluray and HD DVD!!! Die DVD DIE!!! CSS sucks. Long live AACS!!! :d

I rank this one up there with the “news” that Blu-ray and HD DVD had merged into Blu-DVD.

I bet Sony releases Spiderman 3 on DVD only a year late to entice Blu_ray adotion but they would lose out of the money of DVD sales if they ignore it altogther.

I wish they would just phase out DVD or SD this way the war will be on and finish much sooner. :B

nice 1… :B

You guys ACTUALLY fell for this?! ROFLMAO! CDFREAKS has a long history of awesome news articles like this. :slight_smile: This was a pretty good one.

I passed on this joke earlier.

I’m just wishing this was true, not falling for an AP joke well if ripit isn’t true I fell for that one. :+

Well written and almost believeable… a good April fools day joke attempt. But you’ll have to do a LOT better before you can fool me I think :wink:

Seeing as sony are involved its got probably as much chance as being true as it has being an april fool LOL

I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. :g

Being a CDFreaks member for years, I always look forward to the April Fools joke… This one was quite obvious, but if you werent looking for it, you probably got angry reading the article… LOL… April fools…

Too bad it ain’t true. DVD needs to die. And HD DVD with it :stuck_out_tongue: