Update for old pioneer (mac 2x superdrive)

oh so I’ll be overhauling a mac in a few days without knowing much of the specs. I do know the 2x DVD-R drive is either the pioneer a04/104 or a03/103. I’ve found the latest firmwares for them to be

A04 RPC-1 only and RPC-1 + 2x4all patch for v1.40 
A03 RPC-1 only and RPC-1 + 2x4all patch for v2.00

respectively, but all the download links point to dead pages. Just wondering if anyone has them handy, or any new firmware that I don’t know about. Also, does anyone know how well those two drives read DVD+R w/ bt -ROM?

Wow… now that is an old burner! Maybe replacing the drive completely with new drive?

[QUOTE=seeker010;1960927]oh so I’ll be overhauling a mac in a few days without knowing much of the specs. I do know the 2x DVD-R drive is either the pioneer a04/104 or a03/103. I’ve found the latest firmwares for them to be

A04 RPC-1 only and RPC-1 + 2x4all patch for v1.40 
A03 RPC-1 only and RPC-1 + 2x4all patch for v2.00

[B]respectively, but all the download links point to dead pages.[/B] Just wondering if anyone has them handy, or any new firmware that I don’t know about. Also, does anyone know how well those two drives read DVD+R w/ bt -ROM?[/QUOTE]

Where and what exactly?

If you have no clue about the drive & flashing, please don’t even try.

[QUOTE=chef;1961124]Where and what exactly?

If you have no clue about the drive & flashing, please don’t even try.[/QUOTE]

hmm? well I did find a site on rpc1 that had the firmwares I needed. I was trying to dl the firmware offsite, since the mac uses … dialup, and I knew it had to be one or the other, so I wanted to dl both since looking for them on 56k is a job for a saint. Yeesh, old drive and old Internet, but <insert witty remark about Mac owners and being luddites here>

[B]>NIL:[/B]'s site has them all.
http://pioneerdvd.rpc1.org/

[QUOTE=seeker010;1960927]oh so I’ll be overhauling a mac in a few days without knowing much of the specs. I do know the 2x DVD-R drive is either the pioneer a04/104 or a03/103.[/QUOTE]

The program you need to upgrade the drive(s) is here:

http://lasvegas.rpc1.org

That has the OS X versions of the DVRFlash program as well as drive specific firmware, which other sites do not have. That is the only link you need.

I still own an Apple 2x Superdrive which I crossflashed to a Pioneer DVR-104 using those tools, so I speak from direct experience. My 104 burns 16x DVD-R media at 2x with no problems, and quality scans are decent.

[QUOTE=negritude;1968236]The program you need to upgrade the drive(s) is here:

http://lasvegas.rpc1.org

That has the OS X versions of the DVRFlash program [B]as well as drive specific firmware, which other sites do not have.[/B] That is the only link you need.

I still own an Apple 2x Superdrive which I crossflashed to a Pioneer DVR-104 using those tools, so I speak from direct experience. My 104 burns 16x DVD-R media at 2x with no problems, and quality scans are decent.[/QUOTE]

1. The bolded text is not true.

2. Which firmware has your DVR-104?