Update firmware Nec 3540a

lo,

I burned dvd’s without any problems and play them with my dvd player. But since i downloaded the new firmware 1.8 my dvd player says error. there are no problems with burning only with playing… I can check them on my computer but not in my dvd player… What can be wrong with this? i tryed with different discs… but whole time error disc…

can somebody help me pls…

byee

Which f/w version did you use before? At what speed do you burn your discs? What is the MID of your discs?

i think i had the standard f/w version and i burn with 4 speed, I can use 12 or smt but for movies i use 4 couze of fault shit etc… Its stranghe , bcouze i had never a problem, but after i updated my f/w it gaves error on my dvd player… not in my computer dvd player there i can play the movie :confused: I cant delete it, So need i 2 buy a new dvd burner?:confused:

Mhhh… not sure I understand everything, I’m not familiar with this kinda SMS language. Plain english is more appreciated, even more if you’re asking for help.:wink:

You burn @4X on what media?

Contrary to what you think, you can flash back to Nec stock firmware, the problem being to know which one you used before…

On philips+rw and philips+r , I never updated any fireware before so i think i had the standard version 1.01 or 1.03, but how can i flash i back then ?

You might have had a bad flash. Try reflashing with the new firmware. Does the new firmware support bitsetting? If it does and you are using +R media then you should set the booktype to ROM. Check out the Big NEC FAQ thead here. I feel Dee-27 and Liddy have the best knowledge on NEC drives and firmware. http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=120934

What makes you think that? The drive works!

If it does and you are using +R media then you should set the booktype to ROM.
1.W8 sets booktype to ROM by default :wink:

Which leads me to my next question to silenstar: would your standalone recorder happen to be a Philips one? If so, you could try applying wobble’s idea but in reverse…!

i tryed different disc’s… but not working at all… ill try wobble’s idea… thnx.

something else is also stranghe sometimes when i burn a dvd it play good on my dvd recorder / player without an error message sometimes it says error :confused: i use the same disc.

i d.loaded the 1.03 bitsetting file but. its a bin file when i open it it gave’s a fault. It says wrong screenformat or something… what need i to do now

Mine does the same, mainly with RWs. Darn machines. :rolleyes:

i d.loaded the 1.03 bitsetting file but. its a bin file when i open it it gave’s a fault. It says wrong screenformat or something… what need i to do now
Don’t know. Maybe Dee or another member knowledgable in this area will pop up. Good luck :slight_smile:

With RWs this is kind of normal, their quality can differ extremely from one burn to another…

Agreed :slight_smile: - but here’s the story:
I burn the RW in my standalone recorder (btw a JVC DR-M10 with a LG 4120B inside).
Then, leaving it in the drive, I play it, it plays flawlessly.
Then take it out, scan it on a 3540, the scan is good.
Scan it on a Benq 1640, the scan is good.
Back in my standalone recorder, “disc error”.
Open/close tray, “disc error”.
Second Open/close tray, the disc is recognised, and it plays flawlessly.
:doh: :bigsmile:

Lie I said, darn machines! :bigsmile:

Yup, that’s sounds weird.

Got used to it… :rolleyes:

sometimes it just need few more tries :iagree:

OKe now I tryed a new burner. The Nec ND3550a. firmware 1.05. When I dont have a disc in my burner it says DVD-RW DRIVE. when I do a disc in it it change to CD-DRIVE. So i started to write a movie. After it was finnisched I tested it in my stadalone dvd player. and it says ERROR DISC. And when i do it in my computer dvd player there’s nothing wrong. I tryed it with more disc’s and everytime it says error disc. So is it the problem that it change in CD-DRIVE when i do a empty disc in it? or something else… I never had a problem till u started to update my f/w with my other burner ( ND3540a)…

help me please… thanks bye

“IT” is the explorer and it has a bug. So what the explorer shows you here is unimportant.
Just use a proper burning app.

i use nero 7 ultra edition. When i try to use DvdDecrypter it gave a fault when it will start to burn. I also tryed UltraIso to burn but still error disc. on my standalone dvd player…

stand alone DVD Player do not support DVD+RW (bitsetting) to DVD-ROM

it only accept RW Disc without bitsetting.

oke but why when i tryed a R disc. it says error >