Update Caused Crash!

Have used both AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for over a year with zero problems, have always updated to new versions with no qualms. This update caused shut down with “BLUE” Screen after copying from saved file. Rebooted twice, and tried twice, crashed after end of copy and couldn’t even eject the disc (the drive locked up), yet copy was successful. Restored to 5.9.2.1 and everything is working fine. OLI???

Suggest viewing the Forum Rules (http://club.cdfreaks.com/announcement.php?f=88&announcementid=37) and note the comments concerning Double posting. Double posting is against Forum Rules. Double posting is discourteous to the Forum Members who respond to your request for assistance, doesn’t get your question answered any quicker, and causes confusion. Now you have two open postings (Update Caused Crash!! /Re: AnyDVD 5.9.4.1 Out) in the AnyDVD Forum concerning the same problem.

Best Regards,
bjkg

my apologies, I couldn’t figure out how to delete the other post. I was preoccupied with my system issues…

I am sorry to hear that you have problems, but I don’t believe these problems are caused by the new AnyDVD version. The reason is very simple: Blue screens are caused by kernel mode components (drivers), and there was no change in the drivers between 5.9.2.1 and 5.9.4.1.
It would be helpful to know what the blue screen said, especially what driver/module caused the fault.
You said the “Blue” screen happened after “copying from a saved file”. You mean while burning? AnyDVD does nothing while burning. I assume that some other driver in the chain goes havoc, either another software or a 3rd party busmaster IDE driver.

I don’t know. I use DVDshrink, AnyDVD, and Nero 6.6.0.1.3 with my Pioneer DVR-109. Worked great until I installed AnyDVD ver. 5.9.3.1, followed quickly by ver. 5.9.4.1. Ever since then I’m not able to burn DVDs.

I suspect something’s up with the new versions. As I deleted the old files (idiot), I’m hoping for a fix soon.

AnyDVD has nothing to do with the burn process. To be on the safe side, you can disable it while burning and see if the problem goes away.

Sorry - I should have been more specific. I can’t burn the files that are ripped using AnyDVD and DVDShrink since the update. I re-ripped the last project sans AnyDVD and it worked fine. Of course, I’m screwed when I want to rip a DRM DVD (as a backup for personal use).

Hey SlySoft folks, any thoughts?

There’s problems with the version of nero you have and version 6.6.0.18 is the best and most stable to use with shrink.

Google nero clean tools 6 download it and then google the download for nero 6.6.0.18 and you should be fine on using shrink and nero to burn from what I understand any nero after that and before nero 7 you need the dolby digital plug-in. I had burning issues to with nero 6.6.1.4. That’s how I found out to use nero clean tool and reinstall nero 6.6.0.18.

Dr. Who,
Good call if this indeed proves to be the problem. Bloody Nero … again … it’s like it’s become the “Roxio” of 2006!

Rumor has it that it is trying to be like roxio. That’s why it’s so buggy right now I think they got most of the bugs out of version 7 but I’ll wait till summer to get it by then nero 7 should be great.