Up or Down?

Do you like the toilet seat UP or DOWN?

In my household, it is every person for themselves. Women expecting men to leave it down is hypocrisy. It takes every bit as much “cognizance” for a man to lift the seat in the first place, as it does for a woman to put it down. The hypocrisy lies in the “splashdown syndrome”, where women, every bit as sleepy as men (at night), FAIL to LOOK and… splash!

If men can manage to lift the seat (and aim), so should women put it down. Or, would they rather we just leave it down? (it can be arranged).

:bigsmile:

Lol wrong thread

I’ll put the seat down we have 2 cats and their dumb enough to jump up on there ,but one thing they will jump once or twice and won’t do it again.I have dropped a cell phone in there which if the lid was down it wouldn’t have happened.But I got a new phone through for it.

I live alone…and it better stay Down

I’ve also asked a similar question before.

I have the solution but women I’ve asked about it don’t like it either.

The correct etiquette is to put both the seat & lid down.
That is why there is a lid on most home toilets.
If this is done by all that live in the home everytime then there is no problem.

The two exceptions are people that live alone. I say put the seat any way you like.
Unless you are expecting company. Then the above.

If there is no lid then return it to like you found the seat.

That kind of really doesn’t apply over here.

Almost all toilets here have lids but it’s more common for the lid not to be down so it seems more usual if it’s open.

What they argue about over here though is whether the seat is left up or down. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2705112]What they argue about over here though is whether the seat is left up or down. :bigsmile: [/QUOTE]

@ Wombler , The argument is the same here.
However , The lid down correct etiquette solves the problem .
If the lid is down the seat is down.
What this does is equalize the effort.
In order to use the toilet whether male or female you need to position the lid & seat as you need them . Then you return them to the lid down position as you found them.

BTW this is also considered much more sanitary when the toilet is flushed. Search online for how much bacteria a flush puts into the air.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.medscape.com%2Fviewarticle%2F756189&ei=WrViUuP3MInM2QXO04DQBQ&usg=AFQjCNHxvM2LOb8oEB6RSGPB5SXsdAC7xg&bvm=bv.54934254,d.b2I

At our house during the day the seat and lid stay down. I have a hard time holding things now days and drop stuff a lot and if the hole in the toilet is open that is where it will go, I don’t care how far away from it I am. Bed time the lid stays up and seat down till morning.

one up one down one to polish is the correct method :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=marcus_667;2705289]one up one down one to polish is the correct method [/QUOTE]
A mens & womens restroom in the same house I guess .
Or one bathroom that has two toilets . How do you Polish do it ? :smiley:

I could see that but it doesn’t stop the bacteria from becoming airborne.

Cholla…you been watching too much Dr Oz…

[QUOTE=Sexy_Southerner;2705306]Cholla…you been watching too much Dr Oz…[/QUOTE]

I saw it somewhere first on TV . I think the Today Show morning news.

I don’t like Dr. OZ so I don’t ever watch him.

[QUOTE=cholla;2705150]BTW this is also considered much more sanitary when the toilet is flushed. Search online for how much bacteria a flush puts into the air.
[/QUOTE]

That’s actually a myth.

They featured that on one of the episodes of Mythbusters and were able to determine that there is no measurable aerosol effect at any distance from a flushing toilet.

TBH that one surprised me too. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

ya’ll have some major bathroom issues…:slight_smile:

Wombler , The link I posted in post #7 to a study by medical professionals .
This seems more legit than a study by Mythbusters.
I found this at Mythbusters:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/surprise-toothbrush-minimyth.htm

I don’t know if it’s the one you watched. It seemed to prove that toothbrushes get contaminated in or out of the bathroom.

[QUOTE=Sexy_Southerner;2705336]ya’ll have some major bathroom issues…:)[/QUOTE]
Bathroom issues are fun :smiley: