Uop Protection Removal?

vbimport

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that there is still a problem with removal of UOP protection with the newest version of DVDFab (5.2.0.0)

I did a Full Disk Copy of an older release (Journey To The Centre Of the Earth - 1957 version) using Path Player disabled, all other options at default, to be compressed to DVD 5 format, and written to a +R disc using the VSO engine.

Since I had initially goofed and written the file to the hard drive, and then writen to the DVD using Write Data mode, I still had the compressed file left on the HDD after copy completion… the DVD plays back fine (That’s not the issue, here…I haven’t checked which, if not all, the UOPs were left enabled by the first pass, but when I checked the compressed file with FreeDVD, it reported that the Uop protections were still present, and subsequently removed them).

Based on Fengtao’s comments with release 5.1.2.0 - this problem was fixed (and carried forward to the next updates) - or maybe not?

No criticism here - I love the software… but I think Fengtao and Ting are conscientious enough to want to see the end of this minor problem.

:confused:

A quick update to the above entry… after first checking the HDD with FreeDVD and ‘removing’ the UOP protections, I had occasion to go back and re-check the HDD files, and FreeDVD still reports UOP protection present, even though it supposedy removed it minutes before…

The problem in this case may actually lie with FreeDVD, and NOT DVDFab…

Comments??

i know there are softwares to check this. however please rip the original dvd to hard drive using dvdfab. please burn to disc and check the removal of UOP.

[QUOTE=troy512;2170308]i know there are softwares to check this. however please rip the original dvd to hard drive using dvdfab. please burn to disc and check the removal of UOP.[/QUOTE]

Have double checked the burned DVD, and the UOPs do, in fact, seem to be gone, so DVDFab is NOT the culprit. The fix done on version 5.1.2.0 works well…

Which leaves the functionality of FreeDVD in question, but as I said earlier, I think Fengtao and Ting are concerned enough about their product to fix even the freebie…

By the by - the ‘softwares’ you mentioned, I spent a couple of hours trying to Google a source, with no luck, as a double check on FreeDVD and DVDFab. The other software I have (the well known ones) don’t report on the UOP (or PUO, as DVDDecrypter calls them) removal… it would be nice to have a working utility …

:slight_smile:

DVDFab will always keep angle UOP now, since if it’s removed, some DVD players will show an angle button on video, which is annoying.

FreeDVD is not updated so it think there is still UOP protection.

Actually, running FreeDVD on DVDFab output is not a good idea, since DVDFab already take care about the protections.

Thanks, Fengtao for your response.

The problem is now successfully resolved.

please read this thread
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/angle-button-lions-lambs-243188/