Unwritable media

I’m trying to upgrade to Blu-Ray backup copies. I purchased a new Sony laptop model VGN-AW360J/B. I installed DVDFab. At first I had to figure out that you can’t copy Full Discs with over 25g onto BD-R 25. Once I switched to copy Main Movie on discs with over 25g’s it seemed I had it figured out. I was able to make four backup copies. Now, out of the blue doing everything the same, after going through the entire first phase, I get a message that either says burn process failed (immediately) or it says no writable blu-ray media detected. It’s the same media that worked last week, so I’m confused.

I’ve tried downloading the latest driver from Sony, the latest firmware for the driver, and uninstalling DVDFab and reinstalling a different version. Still not working. It seems like the most confusing part is that it worked for a couple of discs.

Is anyone familiar with this issue?

thx in advance

Moving you to the DVDFab forum, where you should get more informed answers.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2453102]Moving you to the DVDFab forum, where you should get more informed answers.[/QUOTE]

Hi Kerry56,
I couldn’t find the OP on the other forum, so I am going to reply here.
Thanks

@sirwes,
Try downloading ImgBurn that I thinking should take care of your issues, my guess is you are using VSO as your burn engine, the above mentioned is Superior in every way
:wink:

Thank you for your response. I simply do not understand it. I’ve never heard of ImgBurn, but I did download it and from what I can tell, it is intended to replace DvdDecryptor. How do I use ImgBurn to get DvdFab to work on Blu-Ray?

On standard Dvd, I have to problem with using dvdDecryptor and DvdShrink. Works like a champ. As I said, I was able to be DvdFab to rip AND burn copies of four Blu-Rays. I just guessing that since Microsoft loaded several “security” updates right before the problem started, that messed things up.

[QUOTE=sirwes;2453256]Thank you for your response. I simply do not understand it. I’ve never heard of ImgBurn, but I did download it and from what I can tell, it is intended to replace DvdDecryptor.

On standard Dvd, I have to problem with using dvdDecryptor and DvdShrink. Works like a champ. As I said, I was able to be DvdFab to rip AND burn copies of four Blu-Rays. I just guessing that since Microsoft loaded several “security” updates right before the problem started, that messed things up.[/QUOTE]

Hi sirwes
Welcome to the DVDFab forum :flower:

Please look below in my signature and you will see a guide called “[B]Settings[/B]” it will guide you on setting up ImgBurn and DVDFab :wink:

[QUOTE=sirwes;2453256] How do I use ImgBurn to get DvdFab to work on Blu-Ray?.[/QUOTE]
You will need the paid version of BluRay to BluRay option

[B]SJ[/B]