Unviewable back up dvds

vbimport

Hi all! This is my first post so I am saying hello to all! Hello
My problem is this:
I have an LCD Grundig TV and have recently bought a Grundig HDMI DVD player.
The problem is that this particular player refuses to recognise my back up dvds. The picture is a total mess and frankly, so is my brain and my patience.
Can anyone please explain to me what the problem may be? One gent I spoke to suggested that the labels I stick to the dvd’s could be causing the problem, but when I removed one the problem was still there.
Please, please help!:sad:
Thanks a lot:
Linogatt

[QUOTE=linogatt;2037329]Hi all! This is my first post so I am saying hello to all! Hello
My problem is this:
I have an LCD Grundig TV and have recently bought a Grundig HDMI DVD player.
The problem is that this particular player refuses to recognise my back up dvds. The picture is a total mess and frankly, so is my brain and my patience.
Can anyone please explain to me what the problem may be? One gent I spoke to suggested that the labels I stick to the dvd’s could be causing the problem, but when I removed one the problem was still there.
Please, please help!:sad:
Thanks a lot:
Linogatt[/QUOTE]

What is the dvd booktype? What kinda media did you use to make the backup and what software did you use to backup the dvd and also what speed did you backup the dvd at? What exact error did it say? How do you have the LCD connected to the dvd player and what kinda cabling are you using?

Thanks coolcolors
I do not understand what u meant by DVD booktype. As for the other questions the media is usually mixed but mostly BenQ, Traxdata, or TDK. The speed varies but it is established by the burning software. (mot more than 16). The software is DVDFab platinum, latest edition. There is no error on screen but coloured squares and stoppages. The connection is via HDMI cable gold plated.
Thanks again for answering

Generally the pixelation you refer to, is due to bad media (or bad burns). Some of the media you listed is known to be problematic. You should not be burning your media at 16x, unless it is verbatim or taiyo yuden, and even then, it is a good practice to burn at slightly under the media’s rated speed. You should burn at 12x or 8x, depending on the brand of media. Stick on labels are known to be a problem. I do not recommend using stick on labels… EVER!

See if you can find some good verbatim, taiyo yuden, or other Made In Japan media, and try doing another one and burn at 8x or 12x and see if that resolves the problem. While there are other things that you could try, this is the cheapest, fastest and most likely fix for the problem.

If you are using dvd+r media then you need to set check booktype to dvd-rom if you not do that then it not work in most dvd players

One gent I spoke to suggested that the labels I stick to the dvd’s could be causing the problem, but when I removed one the problem was still there.

Did you remove the label or did you burn the dvd again? A friend had the same issue and once he re-burned the disc he found that was the problem.

Thanks to all of you who replied to my problem. I did try burning a DVD
at 2x but the problem presisted. The medium I used was TDK which according to literature on the internet is the best one at the moment.
Is it possible that the problem comes from software installed in the DVD player which recognises the fact that the DVD has no copy protection? I have even tried changing the DVD player and I am now using a
JVC XV-N652S model but the problem persisted, if not actually worse. If this is causing the problem is there a way by which this can be removed? I also wish to state that my media run ok on other DVD HD players. Sorry for the long moan but I could do with some help to solve this problem.
Once again thanks for all your help.
I wish to add that I use DVD -R DVD +/-RW, DVD +/-dual layer

Thanks Harley
I did burn a TDK DVD at 2x but the problem persisted, even with no labels. I think that the player must have copy protection software installed. I can say this because it even refuses to read a wedding DVD made by a studio. So the problem may not be my media only. Is there a way one could remove the copy protection sotware from the player?
Thanks a million

OK lingatt In dvd fab’s common settings write mode make sure you have set booktype to dvd-rom checked if you are using any dvd+r media. As for good media to use I recomend verbatim or taiyo yuden, anything else is no good. You say it not read a dvd made by a studio, well you need to read the manuel and see what kind of discs your dvd player can play because dvd players only play certain types of media

Thanks GJ. According to the manual the player can take all types, -R, +R etc. I am starting to think that there is something wrong with the laser lens, but then why does it recognise and play originals? Frankly I am thinking of returning the player
Lino

[QUOTE=linogatt;2039630]Thanks GJ. According to the manual the player can take all types, -R, +R etc. I am starting to think that there is something wrong with the laser lens, but then why does it recognise and play originals? Frankly I am thinking of returning the player
Lino[/QUOTE]

reason for returning: It not play my home movies. I don’t know why they not play but I not have a HDMI dvd player yet. Still waiting till the prices get lower for HD T.V’s and dvd players before going HD. If and when you exchange for another player bring a back up copy with you and see if it plays first. That is what I do when I buy new dvd players