Unusaully high c1 errors with Kprobe

vbimport

i dont have a liteon writer but i do have the 165h dvdrom and it lets me test c1:). this is good but the problem is that when i read at max speed there are heaps of c1 errors. we are talking about 600-1000. no c2 of course but why is this happenening? i know my burns are better than that especailly with TY media. is it just a problem with the program or the dvdrom or both?:confused:

thanks

Others have reported erroneous readings with the 165, my 166 seems to work OK though. Check the thread at CDRlabs, there was some discussion there.
Guess you better get a LiteOn burner…:bigsmile: This utility was really designed for use with the new DVD burners.

I just ran some tests with my 166s. (I haven’t used it much with 2 LiteOn burners also in the tower). Anyway, it’s reporting far fewer C1 and fewer C2 than the burners. Whether this is because it’s a better reader or because it’s not reporting correctly is beyond me.

thanks rdgrimes:)

Originally posted by rdgrimes
I just ran some tests with my 166s. (I haven’t used it much with 2 LiteOn burners also in the tower). Anyway, it’s reporting far fewer C1 and fewer C2 than the burners. Whether this is because it’s a better reader or because it’s not reporting correctly is beyond me.

DVD ROM is not a better reader than burner.
But why it reports far fewer c1 and c2? It is because
DVD ROM report C1C2 by cooked mode , and the burner by raw mode.

Originally posted by Karr

DVD ROM is not a better reader than burner.

Does this really mean that those, who consider the Toshiba DVD-ROMs being the better readers, are mistaken ?

Which drives to your knowledge could belong to the top readers then ?

TIA !

Military service was cancelled because of SARS , so I can work
with you now !! :bigsmile:
Good news. How about answering my question then ?

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]Does this really mean that those, who consider the Toshiba DVD-ROMs being the better readers, are mistaken ?

Which drives to your knowledge could belong to the top readers then ?

TIA ! [/B]

DVD-ROM only supports more type of disc than burner,but it does not mean that it is a better reader than burner . DVD-ROM and Burner are different type of drive .

Which drive ? I use LITEON drive only !!! :smiley: :bigsmile:

DVD-ROM and Burner are different type of drive .

I use LITEON drive only !!!
It goes without saying.

It would otherwise have been strange to hear your non-patriotic answer.
Thanks for the prompt reply, anyway.