Unsupported format on burned DVD-R

vbimport

Just burned a DVD-R on my Plextor PX-712 first time Tried to play got message unsupported fomat What next? I am new to all this

Just burned a DVD-R on my Plextor PX-712 first time. Tried to play got message unsupported format. What next

What type files are on the DVD-R ?
Instead of playing it can you open or explore it in Windows Explorer?

The download was a movie

OK ;
Still the DVD you burned has some kind of files on it.
Open it in your computer & see what they are.
Then post the types you find.

Downloaded movies files are in a different format and need to be converted, as cholla said what kind of files does it have

Dumb I guess I dont know files. went to my computer opened dvd-r
But what am I lookinf for?

The files have some extension like .ifo ,.vob , .bup for example.
Are the files in a VIDEO_TS folder.
The file might be an .iso

[QUOTE=cholla;2483599]The files have some extension like .ifo ,.vob , .bup for example.
Are the files in a VIDEO_TS folder.
The file might be an .iso[/QUOTE] yes it is video-ts what now?

Since you have a Video_TS folder, the first thing I’d do is verify that it is working properly on the computer. Try playing the Video_TS folder with VLC media player. www.videolan.org

Once VLC is installed, click on Media–>Open Folder, then navigate to where the Video_TS folder is on the computer. Click OK to start playing.

If that works fine, then get ImgBurn (a free burning program). www.imgburn.com Follow this guide for burning dvd-video to a disk: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4632

Set burning speed to a moderate level. I suggest 8x if you are using a desktop computer and modern 16x blank disks.