Unsupported avi file

2 day Newbie. 1st question!

After burning quite a few AVI files using convertxtodvd 2.2.3, I ran across two files back to back that come up as unsupported. Any advice would be appreciated!

Welcome to CD Freaks :slight_smile:

Could you tell us if there were any error messages, or perhaps post a log file from the attempts of the software to convert these .avi files.

I know that you are going to laugh, but I can’t seem to copy the logfile!

The following message at the bottom of dvdshrink reads:

]File “C:\Documents and Settings\William Huston\Desktop\Nickelback-rock am Ring” is unsupported or nor A/V file.[/SIZE]

Duh! I just found the resolution! I right clicked on the file and changed the OPENS WITH option to convertxtodvd and wallah!
Thank You,
I will be pestering you guys later re: some files I can’t delete! I really am enjoying the club and hope to learn a lot!
For now , my harley is calling me! Thanx

[QUOTE=2005harleyguy;1930012]I know that you are going to laugh, but I can’t seem to copy the logfile!

The following message at the bottom of dvdshrink reads:

]File “C:\Documents and Settings\William Huston\Desktop\Nickelback-rock am Ring” is unsupported or nor A/V file.[/SIZE]

Duh! I just found the resolution! I right clicked on the file and changed the OPENS WITH option to convertxtodvd and wallah!
Thank You,
I will be pestering you guys later re: some files I can’t delete! I really am enjoying the club and hope to learn a lot!
For now , my harley is calling me! Thanx[/QUOTE]

You should ask the REAL CREATOR of that file …

Yeah and I thought you said ConvertX… not DVD Shrink. :confused:

Glad you got sorted out, but for the future you’ll find our advice is usually proportional to the quality of information supplied. :iagree: