Unrecognized disc

when using dvdfab gold it shows that process completed successfully when i eject the disc and place in dvd player it shows unrecognized disc my desktop worked all the time but now it is doing the same thing as my laptop is and i am using the same disc that i always did use so i know that isnt the problem anyone have any thoughts on this or is having the same problem.:sad:

[QUOTE=aforet5;1962611]when using dvdfab gold it shows that process completed successfully when i eject the disc and place in dvd player it shows unrecognized disc my desktop worked all the time but now it is doing the same thing as my laptop is [B]and i am using the same disc that i always did use[/B] so i know that isnt the problem anyone have any thoughts on this or is having the same problem.:sad:[/QUOTE]

So you have used RW? Which RW?

i didnt use a rw disc i always use dvd+r discs i have a lightscribe disc on my desktop and i have a double layer disc on my laptop never had trouble with my desktop until installed dvdfab on the laptop too. now they are doing the same thing

first please use punctuation in your post so i can tell when one sentence ends and the next sentence begins.:wink:

as i understand, the unrecognized disc’s are backup’s. your standalone dvd player is device showing “unrecognized disc”. does not matter which computer you use to create the backups, neither disc will play. you were, at one time, able to create backups with your desktop but now these backups do not work, now that dvdfab has been installed. you do not think the problem could be the blank media because you are using the same brand which you have always used.

do you have other burning programs or do you use only dvdfab gold? can you post a burn log please?

[QUOTE=signals;1753846]C:\Documents and Settings…username…\My Documents\DVDFab\Log\DVDFab_burn_VSO.log. This is a text file that you can open with Notepad and copy and paste a few recent entries into a reply post.[/QUOTE]

thanks troy

i am only using dvdfab gold that is all i have ever used.

[QUOTE=aforet5;1962667]i didnt use a rw disc i always use dvd+r discs i have a lightscribe disc on my desktop and i have a double layer disc on my laptop never had trouble with my desktop until installed dvdfab on the laptop too. now they are doing the same thing[/QUOTE]

If you were not using RW media then this cannot be true: “and i am using the same disc that i always did use”.
Please check the brand/media and the mediacode/MID of the discs and post them here.

You could use dvd.identifier or nero cd dvd speed to find the MID.

when is said the same disc i always have been i meant the same brand name disk…

when is said the same disc i always have been i meant the same brand name disk…

And that would be…drum roll…

[QUOTE=aforet5;1962667]i didnt use a rw disc i always use dvd+r discs i have a lightscribe disc on my desktop and i have a double layer disc on my laptop never had trouble with my desktop until installed dvdfab on the laptop too. now they are doing the same thing[/QUOTE]

so installing DVDfab onto your LAPTOP has caused your DESKTOP to stop working ???

THAT IS NOT LOGICAL

AFORET5,
Try doing a system restore back a couple days or weeks to when
you were not having the problem. Then if successfull try reinstalling
the newest version of dvdfab 4.0.3.0 and see if it works first. If not
send your log to FENGTAO.
Good Luck ZAP.

[QUOTE=troy512;1962962]first please use punctuation in your post so i can tell when one sentence ends and the next sentence begins.:wink:

as i understand, the unrecognized disc’s are backup’s. your standalone dvd player is device showing “unrecognized disc”. does not matter which computer you use to create the backups, neither disc will play. you were, at one time, able to create backups with your desktop but now these backups do not work, now that dvdfab has been installed. you do not think the problem could be the blank media because you are using the same brand which you have always used.

do you have other burning programs or do you use only dvdfab gold? can you post a burn log [B][I][U]please[/U][/I][/B]?

thanks troy[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by signals View Post
C:\Documents and Settings…username…\My Documents\DVDFab\Log\DVDFab_burn_VSO.log. This is a text file that you can open with Notepad and copy and paste a few recent entries into a reply post.