Unreal Tournament - MSVCRT.dll?

vbimport

I have a non-working-copy of Unreal Tournament.

I get an error before I'm able to install the game:

Installer file not found: ..\System\MSVCRT.dll
The source media may be bad. If installing from a CD, try cleaning the CD to remove any dirt, check your CD drive, and try again.

This file (msvcrt.dll) is not in the "System" directory on the CD, but this file is already in the "windows/system" directory. But the game still doesn't work.

I didn't burned the CD myself, so I want to make sure it's not my computer, but he CD.

So do you have on the Unreal Tournament CD in the directory "System" the file "MSVCRT.dll"?

Greetz,
Overspeed

Yes, there is a file msvcrt.dll in the ut\system directory.
Try copying the one you have in the windows\system dir to the ut\system dir.

Maybe that guy, didn’t realized he also must copy the *.*dll files >>> a kind of system-file who isn’t visible to the eye (standard Windows procedure) he can change this setting, so he will be able to located the ínvincible’ files who are needed to install and run the game.

Greetz,

Enigmastar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Amazing Duke:
Yes, there is a file msvcrt.dll in the ut\system directory.
Try copying the one you have in the windows\system dir to the ut\system dir.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can’t copy it anymore to the CD, because the CD is finalized by my dealer .
And I also can’t copy it to the ut\system dir on my harddisk (where the game would be installed), because the game already stops when I’m installing, so there is nothing installed .