Unreal Tournament 2004

made a backup of my Unreal Tournament 2004 disc’s today with BW 4.5.7
works perfect so far in my Plex Premium and Lite-On 52327S.
question i have is there any difference in using BW 4.5.7 or BW 5.1.5 ?
does newer version work better or have any benifits ?

Did you make a successful copy of the Play Disc or the Install Disc? I have the CD version and I’m pulling my hair out because I can’t make a successful copy of the Play Disc with the latest version of Alcohol 120% OR with BlindWrite 4.5.3. According to ClonyXXL, there’s only bad sectors on the Play Disc which my drive should copy perfectly. Everytime I try to run Unreal Tournament 2004 with the copy of the Play Disc, the activity light on my drive blinks for a while then after about 30 seconds I get the SecuROM popup message. So far the copy of the Install Disc that I made is working fine after using Alcohol 120% to make an iso then making a BWA with BlindWrite 4.5.3 then using Twin Peak, ending with Alcohol 120% burning the patched iso successfully.

Lite-ON 52246S
JLMS XJ-HD166S

It probably has Securom 5 on it.

Make your backup using Alcohol120, and the securom new settings, and make sure DMP is checked. (it should be automatically checked with securom new profile). And then turn on RMPS emulation in the setup.

Your copy should run then.

UT2K4 is secrom 5.02 according to A-Ray.

@enthrall
i made a successful backup of the Play CD.
used my Plex Premium to make it so might be hard to backup if ya don’t have a Plex Premium drive. (might be wrong on that though maybe other drives out there can make working backups)

the other 5 cd’s i just used CloneCD and my Lite-On to backup, don’t think the protection on those disc’s matters as the Play CD is needed to play the game.

according to A-Ray it comes up as SecuROM 5.03.00.0000 for my install of the game.

Accel7,

What ‘Settings’ ‘Profile’ did you choose (Automatic or ISO Image) when using BlindWrite to make a playable copy of the UT2004 play CD? Thanks in advance!!!

I used automatic, all the default settings.

Well I finally made successful copies of the UT2K4 Install & Play CDs with Alcohol 120%. What’s weird though (and I think some of you may have noticed this), is the Install CD doesn’t really have any spikes when using the BWA Builder yet it has SecuROM new. However, when I do the same scan with the Play CD, it only detects Bad sectors yet BWA Builder shows a set of 3 or 4 spikes symbolizing SecuROM. Here’s what BWA Builder shows…

BWA Builder (UT2K4)

The red line is the Install CD and the green line is the Play CD. The best part after experimenting though is these readings were done with the Lite-ON (JLMS) DVD-ROM drive at max speed. Pretty accurate at max speed :smiley: and any lower speeds gave worse readings.

The only problem I have now is when I try to mount any of the MDS’ with Alcohol 120% and try to play UT2K4, SecuROM will detect the virtual drive and stop me. Oh well, guess I’ll just have to wait for the next version of Alcohol 120% to bypass the blacklist. Thanks a lot everyone!

(Alcohol 120% settings used were Skip Reading Errors, Read Sub-Channel Data from current disc & Data Position Measurement: Precision Normal w/ the Lite-ON DVD-Rom drive.)

Your graph shows first disc is not protected.
This is normal, the game is checked for authenticity during start up sequence just prior to the opening splash screen for the game.
Therefore they only need to protected Play disc.

Originally posted by enthrall
The only problem I have now is when I try to mount any of the MDS’ with Alcohol 120% and try to play UT2K4, SecuROM will detect the virtual drive and stop me. Oh well, guess I’ll just have to wait for the next version of Alcohol 120% to bypass the blacklist. Thanks a lot everyone!

Download Daemon Tools 3.46
It has fixed blacklist problems for UT2004.
Next Alcohol release will have fixed the blacklist problem too.

Originally posted by Accel7
is there any difference in using BW 4.5.7 or BW 5.1.5 ?
does newer version work better or have any benifits ?

The point is to make a backup, and if you did, then it cant get any better :wink:

@Barnacle Bill – used Blindwrite 4.5.7 , doesn’t have profiles for that version.

@genjai – ya that is true. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually I think you’ll get better support with BW5 fom VSO, then with the old BW4

If you have the plextor premium then use v5. I couldn’t make a backup properly with v4 (except for a play only disc) but with v5 it installs and play perfectly. What I do is, use Alcohol and read image with Securom *NEW (v4.x/v5.x) setting with read speed at 4x for image and 1x or 4x for DPM.

Now use the latest version of the BWA Builder and load the mds file that Alcohol created and then click on File then Clean Last Loaded Curve. Then save it as a BWA file.

Load up the BlindWrite Tweaker and have the following settings:

Basic Settings Tab:

Start Page = Write
Uncheck all 4 settings on the left (turn decrypt on to don’t split image, this is the latest Tweaker btw).
Max Read Speed = 4x (some I list here are not for the actual burn but you could just use bw v5 with these settings for reading too!)
Write Speed CD = 4x
Handle Read Error = Automatic
Subcodes For Data = Automatic
Subcodes For Audio = Automatic

Topology Tab:

Check Write with Plextor Premium
Topology Method = Automatic
Read Topology = Automatic
Extraction Speed = 4x

Now click on BROWSE and select the BWA file you just recently created.

Advanced Settings Tab:

Click on BROWSE and select the Alcohol image, then click on Run Blindwrite and Blindwrite will load up. Just click on WRITE in Blindwrite and you get a working copy that will work for installing and playing with.

These settings are ONLY for using a Plextor Premium as the burner. Those are what I use and I get a working copy everytime. I can even reread the copy and make another one that works.

EDIT: Also forgot to say that BlindWrite v5 ONLY uses Variwrite, v4 does not. Thats why you need to use v5.

Hi Chewball,

What about us who own a LiteOn CD-RW drive (mine is a LTR 52327S), could we apply what you did for your Plexor Premium and get a playable UT2004 playCD?? I tried using BW 5.1.6.132 at default settings and couldn’t get a playable play CD even though the burn speed was set at 8X; thanks in advance!!!

I used my LiteOn,and Compaq DVD ROM and BW 4.2.5 to make a working backup of the play disk.

Compaq 8X DVD ROM and BWA builder from BW 4.2.7 to make the BWA file, LiteOn and BW 4.2.5 to make the image file with no autoplay support. Loads up and plays just like the original from the DVD ROM drive.

im a complete noob @ this copying thing… i gots me a normal burner on an HP. i burn the DVD of unreal 2004 and it tells me to insert the origional disk instead of the burned copy. i read ur forums w/ the specail burner and would i really need 1? also wuts w/ the alcohol and all the other file names??? would there b another way 2 get past the serurom… like the speed at which i copy the DVD(slow?fast?)

thx

You can’t (currently) make a copy of securom on DVD, no matter which settings you use. Only the CD version can be copied.

Also forgot to say that BlindWrite v5 ONLY uses Variwrite, v4 does not. Thats why you need to use v5.

Not true, Blindwrite 4 started with 4.5.3 with firmware version 1.03 on the Plex Premium, it has been doing it for quite some time.

Yes, but it also depends on Blindwrite 4’s burner database : BW4 is shipped with an old database which does not contain the plextor premium. If you don’t update it, you get an “unknown burner” warning in the log and you can’t take advantage of Varirate.