Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD SE - Anyone succed yet?

vbimport

Has anyone had any luck backing up Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Special Edition (US Version) yet? I heard it uses SecuROM 5.02 or 5.03. I’ve never backed up a DVD game, and wanted to get some pointers before I tried.

If you have had luck, please post your results here, citing Hardware/Software used. Also, if you have already made a good BWA file or know where to find one, post the link! Thanks!

I have gotten the cd version to work using the .bwa from 2003…tried briefly to make my own yesterday, but it was so fubar it wasn’t worth trying to edit and fix.

I know it uses 5.03 on the cd, I’m not sure if the protection is different (ie DVD version of protection) for the DVD-rom or not, but I will try later to see if there’s some way to patch the dvd image with the old bwa file and see if that’ll do it…probably not, I’m grasping at straws.:slight_smile:

BlindWrite V5 can backup DVD Securom

Using autoplay feature not?

Originally posted by R!Co
BlindWrite V5 can backup DVD Securom

I currently disagree …

Tried Plextor PX708-a DVD Backup Files are There but securom is not used bad sectors profile, still no luck…still trying…

How should I configure BlindWrite 5 to copy it?

I’ve used BlindWrite v5.1.5.132 and unsuccessful then I used GameJack 4.00.572 and copied it local then mounted it on virtual CD rom and it worked like a charm. I also used the latest Alcohol 120% and was unsuccessful until I chose the Securom NEW and DPM set to High. I’m totally stumped with copying this DVD version of UT2004 to a disc instead of mounting virtual CD-roms. I legitimately purchased the DVD but would like to back it up on DVD not just an image file.

Alcohol 120% and was unsuccessful until I chose the Securom NEW a

How did you choose that? When I insert my DVD and try to make a co py I don’t get any CHOICES in Profiles…it just wants to dump it…when I place a CD in then YES I can see choices of Profiles and stuff but not for DVD.

Am I missing something?

I bought the game yesterday and attempted to make a backup… and failed. My reader is an LTR-52327s (Litey 52x32x52).

First I tried the usual TwinPeaks method for SecuRom 4.x… using the latest A-120 to read, and eventually write the TP’d image…I made the BWA reading at 4x with my Litey burner.

My backup would not pass the CP check with my LTD-163 (16x dvd-rom) :frowning:

Guess I’ll need to do some more reading up on SecuRom 5…

EDIT: Sorry guys I feel like an idiot, this thread is clearly about the DVD version and I bought the CD version… doh! :frowning:

I’ve made a BWA of that according to the program it’s 98% accurate BUT how do I mount it with the BW 5.1? I mean are there any ADVANCED OPTIONS in that version?" SInce when I look at the GUI it’s EXTREMELLY simple (profile Automatic WTF?). How do I inject the BWA that I"ve made into the writting process?

Yes, it’s for the DVD, but just as a note, I did back up my cd version sucessfully using the UT2003 fixed .bwa file I got from somewhere. You should be able to find it fairly easily on some of the members sites here, think one is makeabackup.com, then patch your image with it using twinpeak or the like. There is a walkthru for doing this step by step somewhere in here for securom cds.

As to the topic at hand, I have still had 0 success backing up my DVD version sofar (with protection intact, or at least fooled into believing it’s still intact). Might play with it later again, but at least I have an imperfect backup using alcohol, so at least I could install it with the dvd, just have to play it with my cd original, or a backup of the cd original. shrug, good enough for now til alcohol can bypass this, or somebody figures some other way around this.

Originally posted by grunjee
[B]I bought the game yesterday and attempted to make a backup… and failed. My reader is an LTR-52327s (Litey 52x32x52).

First I tried the usual TwinPeaks method for SecuRom 4.x… using the latest A-120 to read, and eventually write the TP’d image…I made the BWA reading at 4x with my Litey burner.

My backup would not pass the CP check with my LTD-163 (16x dvd-rom) :frowning:

Guess I’ll need to do some more reading up on SecuRom 5…

EDIT: Sorry guys I feel like an idiot, this thread is clearly about the DVD version and I bought the CD version… doh! :frowning: [/B]

No big deal…I got the CD’s and I’d love to hear a solution.
Liteon 52327s and Latest Blind Write were a no-no for me.

I mean are there any ADVANCED OPTIONS in that version?" SInce when I look at the GUI it’s EXTREMELLY simple (profile Automatic WTF?). How do I inject the BWA that I"ve made into the writting process?

It’s all automatic funnily enough!!

You don’t need any advanced settings, as blindwrite will take the bwa file and insert it for you.

Liteon 52327s and Latest Blind Write were a no-no for me.

Latest version of Blindwrite will not copy this yet. This will be sorted in April.

My backup would not pass the CP check with my LTD-163 (16x dvd-rom)

try using your ltd 163 to read the topology or download a clean BWA file. he cd version IS copiable and your litey should be able to produce a working copy (burning, not reading) You will however need autoplay AND Rico’s tweaker installed for it to work.

used Blindwrite 4.5.7 and my Plex Premium to backup this game and it works perfect so far.(CD version that is)

gonna pickup the DVD version aswell and try to back it up.

No more talk about cracks please mikemn and sleepyi
This is against the Forum Rules

Hmm…so if you owned both the CD and DVD versions, can you install from the DVD version, and then play it with a successful CD backup?

Yes, you can install from dvd and play with cd, and visa-versa.

As for making a backup with cd version, latest version of alcohol 120%, fixed .bwa file from www.makeabackup.com, and the securom walk-thru in this forum. Believe it’s lists what’s needed to patch a disk-image, and a walk-thru for it.

As for the dvd version, a fixed .bwa is now available, should be essentially the same deal to get a working backup; haven’t tried it yet as I’ve been too busy, but I will later.

Originally posted by hburrows83

try using your ltd 163 to read the topology or download a clean BWA file. he cd version IS copiable and your litey should be able to produce a working copy (burning, not reading) You will however need autoplay AND Rico’s tweaker installed for it to work. [/B]

*Off topic, sorry again *

Well I’ll be damned… I made a bwa with my ltd163 and sure enough, it passes CP check. However, I did not use any autoplay or Rico’s tweaker software.

Thanks man, I wonder why the bwa made with my cdrw doesn’t work???

Thanks man, I wonder why the bwa made with my cdrw doesn’t work???

Beacuse in the latest blindwrite it doesn’t allow writers to complete the bwa build. If you want it to do this automatically roll back to the “stable version” 5.02. (Hence they have this on their site).

Unfortunately that version cannot read securom dvds and a few other things, so the best bet is just use a dvd-rom to read OR:

Using the BWA builder -

It also fails, but around 85%, This is easily rectified by stopping the read before this. A complete file isn’t required to defeat the guard module, only the first 15% or so, however for legal reasons blindwrite needs to complete the file.

Just stop the process when the toplogoy is 90+% quality and you should be good to go. Reports have shown that quality as low as 40% will work, but they are slow to verify and a bit dodgey (just try to get the best quality with the hardware you have)

I succeded in making a working image of the dvd.

I used my NEC 1300a with the latest Blindwrite (version 5.1.5.132), automatic setting, and read it.

Mounted it in Daemon-Tools v3.46, plays flawlessly. No emulation required.

As you see from my post count I am not an experienced user in this forum, so I do not know if this is an achievement or not.
But! It solved my problem with having to insert the DVD each time I want to play so someone might get some use out of this.

PS: Just want to thank you guys for an excellent site/forum!

Cheers!

KriB