Unreal Tournament 2004 - CD Edition

vbimport

Six F***ing discs. Does anyone have any insider knowledge on the protection this game will be using? I’m going to buy the DVD edition if I can’t back up the CD. My guess is that the current DVD Securom technology isn’t as advance as that found in CD’s so when a method of backing up Securom DVD’s comes out I’m hoping it will be easier.

6 cds !!!
that is F***ing retarded.
you sure thats how many it’ll be?
looks like its time to buy a dvd burner or DVD-Rom.
more than likely the cd version will be Securom like all the other games they release, but DVD version i have no clue.

I checked at Play.com where i’ve preordered my copy. There’s a six disc CD version and a single disc DVD. I’ve ordered the DVD because I can’t be asked to fraff around with six discs. Albeit there will probably only be one disc heavily protected.

yeah, sure, it are many discs…
BUT: you won’t need 'em all…
because in the package of ut2004 comes there is also ut2003 - for people who didn’t have this yet…
so 3 discs will be “useless” for those who already have ut2003…
Raz

I find that hard to believe. Can you prove this at all?

no, i can just say what many (nearly all?!?) german game-magazines published…
ut 2004 contains also ut 2003, but for people who already own ut 2003 (legally, of course!) epic plans to make a “bonus”-action where people can prove that they bought both, ut 2003 AND ut 2004, and then get a 10,- EURO bonus…
just heard this from many sources (pc-action, gamestar, pc-games) so at least I believe in this… :wink:
we’ll just wait for it and then you can say: “Razor, you were wrong” or better "Yes, Razor was right… :slight_smile: "

greetz,
Raz

if you read http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/features.php carefully you can find for example this quote:

More than 95 maps will be available immediately, including more than 45 brand new maps for all existing game play modes as well as new modes of play.

i think you can see here that at least the content of ut 2003 is still contained in ut 2004, so i guess my thesis is not soooo wrong?! :wink:
go and find out for yourself…

Raz

Just played the demo mate and I believe you are right. It’s just a carbon copy of 2003 with some extra features. This is more like UT 2003 Service pack 2. Nothing beats the original UT and I severly hope that 2004 is far better in the full version or returning it for a refund. The developers have had over a year to build this game so I don’t understand what they are playing at. They must be trying to cut costs or something by releasing a half arsed game!

SecuROM 5.03.00.0000

According to a friend of mine that scanned his CD version.

According to him, also the DVD has the same version (a neighbor got it).

So how do we get around SecuRom 5.03? And Yes it is 6 CDs. Kind of reminds me of the olden days when we would get a ton of floppy disks for games.

i used my Plex Premium and Blindwrite 4.5.7 to make a backup of this game and it works perfect so far.

all i can say about the game so far is that it KICKS ASS !!!
they did an awesome job and its way better than UT2003.
lots of maps, lots different game types, plus the vehicles kickass too.

Originally posted by Accel7
[B]i used my Plex Premium and Blindwrite 4.5.7 to make a backup of this game and it works perfect so far.

all i can say about the game so far is that it KICKS ASS !!!
they did an awesome job and its way better than UT2003.
lots of maps, lots different game types, plus the vehicles kickass too. [/B]

Share your wisdom. :wink:

Popping down to Game (UK EB) to pick up FarCry and UT’04. Will let you all know how I get on…

SG

Originally posted by StarGhost
[B]Popping down to Game (UK EB) to pick up FarCry and UT’04. Will let you all know how I get on…

SG [/B]

Good Luck!

just used the same settings as always to backup SecuROM protection.

used Plex Premium for this.
Read Settings: Extract Subcodes checked.
Extraction Method option 1. Nibble
Adapt Speed checked
Minimum at x1
Maximum at Max

made a BWA file using my Lite-On LTR-52327S
Max speed used.
No to Automatic set last sector.

used Plex Premium again for this.
Burn Settings: Writing Mode DAO Pw

only used Blindwrite and these settings for the Play CD.
other 5 cd’s i just used CloneCD 4.3.2.2 to backup.
thats pretty much it, hope it helps.

Thanks for the info. Would the above settings also work for a Liteon 40125s ?

TA

Tel

I used Alc 120(latest version) and your Securerom 4.8 guide and produced a working back-up of UT2K4’s playdisk with my Lite-On 52246s.
Works flawlessly with no emulation, played for well over an hour without bombing out… unlike the first disk I attempted using RMPS, which bombed out in 35-40 min.

Well that’s 3 coasters of trying to make a backup of this game for me. I’ve made the BWA file I thought I had all the settings right but when I load the backup I still get that Securom message saying I need the original disc. I just want to back up my play disc since I use it a lot I’m afriad it will get damaged. I burned the discs with my samsung cd-rw/dvd sm 352b 16x dvd read 52x cd-r write.

I too made 3 coasters when I used my lite-on drive. However I also have a Plextor DVD ± 8X writer. I don’t know if it really made a difference but it does work with no problem even in a different computer that has a Lite-On 52X CDRW drive so I know it works.

I used the twinpeaks method with the newest version of Alcohol 120. Using the securerom 4.8 tutorial.

I downloaded a BWA file from copygames or some website like that. (Sorry I dont recall the sight but I got the info from searching here.)

And followed the securerom 4.8 tutorial and sure enough it works without crashing. It took a little bit to spin up in the drive however it loaded and ran fine for hours.

I am using a Lite-on 52X CDRW to play back the copy using the clone cd “hide CDR” settings.

Hope that helps you.

4 coasters but I made a working backup. I also emailed atari asking them if they would replace my play disc in the event it became unreadable by normal use. The funny thing is it only reads in my TDK 840g dvd-rw drive, it won’t read in the samsung which I used to make the backup.