Unreal 2 *New*

Originally posted by tazdevl
[B]Hey guys, made a copy… Blindwrite (4.29… whatever the latest is) with a CRW-F1… used the suggested write method… made a copy without a hitch. Installed fine… however when I try to start the game it’s asking for the Play CD. It won’t recognize the play CD in either the CDRW or DVD drive.

Autoplay was not enabled.

Any suggestions if I try to reburn?

Clony said the same Securom 4.84, 10 skulls… nothing on gamecopyworld. [/B]

NM… must have had a bad burn. Reburnt on some TY40X and works fine now.

the default sector setting during a .bwa creation is 322,800, xer0derm, when you changed it did you change it to 50,000 or 500,000? what difference would this setting make?

Ok, after reading over some posts here, I took some others’ advice and tried copying Unreal 2 with version 4.2.5 instead of 4.2.9. And it worked…sorta. It plays perfectly in my LiteOn 52246S, but when I try playing it in my DVD drive (Toshiba SD-M1502), it gets at least as far as showing the Unreal 2 splash screen then quits. No error messages, the Unreal2.exe file just shuts down. Sometimes I can even get the game into the menu, but as soon as I click on something, it crashes (again, no errors).

I’m content just using my LiteOn to play, but does anyone have any ideas into this?

Also, as I said before, I read numerous posts where people said 4.2.5 was better (or the best?) at burning Securom NEW, but no one has said why. Can anyone answer “why”?

Originally posted by WeRD
Also, as I said before, I read numerous posts where people said 4.2.5 was better (or the best?) at burning Securom NEW, but no one has said why. Can anyone answer “why”?

Simple. It works more often and for more people than any other version, some of which scarcely work for anyone at all.

Ok, after reading over some posts here, I took some others’ advice and tried copying Unreal 2 with version 4.2.5 instead of 4.2.9.

And which version of the BWA did you use 4.2.5 or 4.2.8?

You should be using 4.2.5 blindwrite and the BWA from 4.2.8, this combination has not failed me yet.

Originally posted by kamikazee
[B]

And which version of the BWA did you use 4.2.5 or 4.2.8?

You should be using 4.2.5 blindwrite and the BWA from 4.2.8, this combination has not failed me yet. [/B]

I used the BWA from 4.2.5 as well. Thanks for the advice, I’ll give it a try with 4.2.8 BWA.

EDIT: Hmm, I just realized there’s a 4.2.8 and a 4.2.8b. Any preference?

I believe the BWA’s from .8 and .8b are the same, I think the change was in the autoplay or devices.

Hey all

I had the same problem as WeRD with U2. It seems like I can copy the game fine, but it will only play in my liteon52x24x52x. It won’t play in my CDRom. I also tried the disk at my cousin’s house on his Sony cdrw and his regular DVD rom drive…nothing. Anyone know why this thing won’t work in any drive other than my Liteon? I am using BW 4.2.5 and the BWA builder from 4.2.9 like the people in the forum said to do. I would like to be able to make a backup that works in pretty much any cdrom drive.

Also, I think some guy named Salsa (whatever) up above was talking about the max sectors…if you let the program set it automatically it ses the max sector to 331,800. Do you have to set the sector to 50, 000 or something else for it to work?

Originally posted by xer0derm
[B]Well as im sure everyone expected, Unreal 2 has a new Securom, now we can deal with 4.84.00.0008 (according to Clony). Just wanted to know if anyone had any success.

Sorry if anything about this was already posted, I did a search and came up with nothing, so dont flame me :). [/B]

i’ve managed to backup a 1:1 copy. note that i have both a dvd drive and 52x24x52x burner from lite-on.

see HERE

Well I use the latest version of Blindwrite with the pattin Coufin engine and After making the image and extracting the BWA, I try to load for example, UTK3 with Daemon tools 3.29. THe image loads and I click play, then i wait for a few seconds and it does nothing. Any new securom game i have not been able to make it start. Including NOLF2 (Securom 4.84) and UTK3.

Originally posted by Alex T.
Well I use the latest version of Blindwrite with the pattin Coufin engine and After making the image and extracting the BWA, I try to load for example, UTK3 with Daemon tools 3.29. THe image loads and I click play, then i wait for a few seconds and it does nothing. Any new securom game i have not been able to make it start. Including NOLF2 (Securom 4.84) and UTK3.

version 4.2.5 is the best version for the securom protection. give it a try with that version.

btw
im using only the bwa builder for converting the .mds to an .bwa
all the reading and writing is done by alcohol 120%.
i have the feeling that alcohol produces better bwa files. every cd that i backed-up with the alcohol -> bwa method works in every drive i try it in.

Where can I get the older version? Also why would VSO software make a newer version harder to copy Securom? That makes no sense to me. I like the features the new one supports, but if I have to go to an older version, so be it.

I made a Twin Peaks copy that works great in all my computers and drives even at work. It was easier to make the copy than it is to get good frame rates in this game though. Different machines different palyability. Read with my Liteon 48125W burnt with the same drive. Used the Securom profile in CloneCD 4.2.02.

Used Twin Peaks and copy works great.Used the BWA builder from ver. 4.2.8 and latest ver of CloneCD on a Liteon 48246S.Works like the original CD in my Liteon DVD…no autoplay needed!

Originally posted by Alex T.
Where can I get the older version? Also why would VSO software make a newer version harder to copy Securom? That makes no sense to me. I like the features the new one supports, but if I have to go to an older version, so be it.

check the blindread/write forum
there is a sticky where you can download virtually any version that is released

Thanks alot!

Originally posted by Maelstrom
[B]

check the blindread/write forum
there is a sticky where you can download virtually any version that is released [/B]

I went to the Blindwrite/read forums and there is no sticky there??

well it is there
actually it is named read first.
but to help you just click this link :bigsmile:

I’ll sticky this one too for a while so that the forums dont get infested with different “Unreal II” threads :wink:

OK maybe I am not being clear on what I am trying to do. I installed 4.2.5 Blindwrite/read. I made an image of my NOLF2 CD. then used the BWA builder. I then attempted to load the image with Daemon tools 3.29 and it does. However, when I click the “play” option the game doesn’t start. I am not trying to make a 1:1 copy for burning. I just want a image of the CD so that I do not need the original CD to play the game everytime.