Unreal 2 *New*

vbimport

Well as im sure everyone expected, Unreal 2 has a new Securom, now we can deal with 4.84.00.0008 (according to Clony). Just wanted to know if anyone had any success.

Sorry if anything about this was already posted, I did a search and came up with nothing, so dont flame me :).

That’s good. No Star-Force!

Blindwrite worked for me

I thought it was SafeDisc 2.80 :frowning: Gamecopyworld.com says that games is protected by SafeDisc 2 (liars)

Originally posted by xer0derm
Blindwrite worked for me

Nice to know.
Which version of blindwrite did you use and did you make a twinpeak or an autoplay copy?

v4.28.41b

And I used a BWA file sector up to 50000. Looks the same as UT2k3. No probs, worked and loaded just like UT2K3 as well.

Sounds good so far. Have you tested the copy yet on a system that doesn’t have blindwrite installed on it? If so, with what results?

(Sorry about all the questions but the game hasn’t yet been released downunder and, no doubt, won’t be until about a month to 6 weeks after release in US and Europe. Civilization 3: Play the World still hasn’t been released here.)

Philamber, on one pre-order list I’ve got Friday for the Aus release of both Civ 3: PTW and Unreal 2…

Here’s the info:

It runs fine w/out Blindwrite, I burned it on a Memorex CDRW 12X with the Liteon LTR-48125W. I ran the game using the same drive (as I do not have a non burning drive) so therefore i used Clone CD Tray v4.2.

The only possible problem that I have run into (I dont know if this has anything to do with it or not) was that when the CD drive with the game in it started to run (while not accessing it for gaming purposes) my computer rebooted a couple of times. I do not have enough info on that to make a connection, but if I find anything out about that ill be sure to post. Other than that, i have no run into a problem yet.

Originally posted by xer0derm
It runs fine w/out Blindwrite, I burned it on a Memorex CDRW 12X with the Liteon LTR-48125W. I ran the game using the same drive (as I do not have a non burning drive) so therefore i used Clone CD Tray v4.2.

Hmm, well obviously you do have blindwrite on your test system though, so I’ve got two further questions:

1. Do you have blindwrite’s autoplay enabled?

2. Was autoplay enabled when you made your copy?

(What I’m trying to work out is whether you’ve got a copy that will work on most systems and drives without extra help or whether you’ve only got an autoplay copy - note that if autoplay has been activated, blindwrite doesn’t need to be running for autoplay to be operating in the background.)

No, autoplay was not enabled, and I had uninstalled Blindwrite as well.

Great. So securom 4.84 can still be copied with the twin sectors (blindwrite or twinpeak) method.

Wonder what has changed. Probably just blacklisted latest versions of daemon tools and alcohol’s virtual drive … again.

Btw, has anyone tried doing an RMPS copy of this game with alcohol to see if that emulation method still works?

Hey guys, made a copy… Blindwrite (4.29… whatever the latest is) with a CRW-F1… used the suggested write method… made a copy without a hitch. Installed fine… however when I try to start the game it’s asking for the Play CD. It won’t recognize the play CD in either the CDRW or DVD drive.

Autoplay was not enabled.

Any suggestions if I try to reburn?

Clony said the same Securom 4.84, 10 skulls… nothing on gamecopyworld.

Ok, here we go, Blindwrite version 4.2.5 (works good for me no need to update it) and the BWA builder from 4.2.8 (again works good no need to update). Unreal2 securom v. 4.84. Completed the BWA had no spikes, completed the image, again no problems.
I used my 48125W to make the BWA and the image, I then used it to burn the image again no problems. Using my test machine which is a lowly AMD 500mhz, an epox mb, 512 mb of ram and just 1 asus 52x cd-rom, no burning software of any kind nor do I have the autoplay installed. Using the back-up cd I created with Blindwrite not only did the game install, it also played without any problems including verification which was just as quick as the original.

Btw, has anyone tried doing an RMPS copy of this game with alcohol to see if that emulation method still works?

Yup, and it does work as long as RMPS is checked, and thats the only way it works. If you uncheck RMPS the cd will not verify. This I check on my every day use machine I don’t want to wreck my test machine, by putting burning software on it.

copy was successful with blindwrite 4.2.9 using a lite-on 52246S latest firmware :slight_smile:

Can’t do.
My Ricoh RW7200A returned error code [00 00 00 00]…just before the writing process.

Originally posted by TrueGordon
copy was successful with blindwrite 4.2.9 using a lite-on 52246S latest firmware :slight_smile:

Can you give a run down of how you did this? I have the same LiteOn drive with the same firmware, but I’m seeing something weird. I first tested burning to a CDRW disk, and it worked fine. I could both install and play from it. However, when I burnt the same image (including BWA) to a normal CDR disk, it wouldn’t work. Even the CD Autorun didn’t work. The cd would spin up as if it was accessing it, but then would do nothing. If I went to the Task Manager (WinXP), the Autorun.exe program was still running.

I was able to make a successful copy of UT2003, so I know I should be able to do this.

Thanks for any input.

EDIT: I’m also using Blindwrite 4.2.9

Sounds like a bodgy burn.
Ditch the dsic and try again.

it just happens sometimes.

gamecopyworld.com will have to be alot more precise when labeling protections for games, e.g give the country its from next to the protection name (Australian titles are nearly completely different protections)

i did a burn wht my lton48125s which has never costed this bad before and ive done gta3,mafia ,ut2003, warcraft ,knightrider etc no probs

soo…

i did ‘u2’ with alcohol120% no go just spins all day … and with blindwrite it also didnt work … just spins up but this time actually shows a icon lol

any ideas ?whats your working settings in ~BW or ALco120%

i havent used rpms feature on alco yet … just trying other ways first

thx

using latest of each prog at max speed (have always burned at max speed with no issues before)