Unreadable Disc

I have a CD-R picture disc that recently became unreadable on my eMac. When I insert the picture disc I get an error message that says “Disk Insertion - The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer” Click IGNORE or EJECT.
Is there a software download that can help me recover the data on this disk? What can I do to save these memories?
Thanks for reading and replying. :eek:

Try the disc in another drive or if you don’t have one see if someone you know has a different drive, some drives are better at reading damaged or degraded discs better than others.

Good thought but I tried the disc in a second driver, LG external DVD burner. I got the same unreadable error message. What do you think I should try next?

You can google for data recovery programs, one specifically designed for optical media (CD/DVD), most of these cost, but some may offer a free trial period. Make sure that if you try one it’s for the Mac OS. Other than that, try carefully cleaning the disk and try it again and/or try it at one of the kiosks at OfficeMax, Staples, Walmart, most drug stores, etc. if you’re in the States, if located elsewhere see if there is something similar where you are.