Unplayable DVD's with CloneDVD & AnyDVD

Hi guys. Newbie poster, longtime lurker. Great boards, great information, great job all-around.

Here’s my problem…

I’ve been using dvd2one v.1.2.3 to rip and NeroUltimate 6.0 to burn in the past and it has worked beautifully. Pain in the keister to have to utilize two programs to get the job done so I grabbed CloneDVD v.2.2.0 and AnyDVD v.3.2.1.1 to see how good it was compared to my previous way of copying/burning.

Here’s my setup:

NF7-S mobo
Barton 3200
1gig RAM
WD Raptor C: Drive (36gb)
WD Raptor D: Drive (76gb)
Optorite DD0203 (firmware 2.2.11)
Lite-On 52x CD Burner

I’m using Tombstone DVD (a DVD I know that is under the 4.7gb limit with menus and all) as a test DVD. I make sure AnyDVD is running in the systray. I start up CloneDVD and everything is recognized correctly. I make sure that Copy Whole DVD Disc, Not Split (4.37gb) is chosen under “Select Output/Split Disc”.

I hit copy now and CloneDVD appears to work. It goes through it’s motions, creates the image file, and then asks me to place a blank DVD in the drive. CloneDVD appears to burn the DVD. I get no error messages nor does it barf on itself and reject the media. I’m using Philips DVD+R, 2.4x media and haven’t had any problems with bad burns from the Optorite drive with this media with any other program.

When finished, CloneDVD appears to say that the DVD was copied successfully. I remove the copied DVD and place it in another PC I have here with a DVD drive in it and fire up PowerDVD and proceed to attempt to play the disc. PowerDVD gives me an error that a disc with an unsupported file type is in the drive.

If I go to windows explorer and attempt to access the contents of the disc, I get an error from explorer either saying to place a disc in the DVD drive or that it can’t read the disc that is in there.

Has anyone experienced the same sort of problem with this particular version of CloneDVD before? Can anyone provide any hints as to what I may be doing wrong? I’ve made over 750 successful copies utilizing dvd2one and Nero with this drive and I can’t think that it’s my equipment. As a matter of fact, dvd2one and Nero successfully copied the Tombstone DVD as I was writing this post.

Any help, hints. comments, suggestions?

Thanks.

Jamie

this forum is mostly in support of the CloneDVD from Elby. not the one you’re talking about: http://www.clonedvd.net/

give Elby CloneDVD a try with AnyDVD and I’m sure your results will be better.
http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_dvd/index.html

edit: nice rig you got there man.

D’oh…

methinks I should pay more attention in the future…I hadn’t realized someone else took over the CloneDVD name…

my bad guys.

edit purchased Elby’s CloneDVD…got it moving along…seems to be doing fine with AnyDVD.

Originally posted by ThaJoystikPimp
[B]D’oh…

methinks I should pay more attention in the future…I hadn’t realized someone else took over the CloneDVD name…

my bad guys.

edit purchased Elby’s CloneDVD…got it moving along…seems to be doing fine with AnyDVD. [/B]

First post here! lol…

So I’m assuming you prefer to use Any/Clone versus DVD2One/Nero? I am about to pick up a DVD burner…so I’m looking at all of my software options based on popular opinion. :smiley:

Originally posted by Art VanDelay
[B]First post here! lol…

So I’m assuming you prefer to use Any/Clone versus DVD2One/Nero? I am about to pick up a DVD burner…so I’m looking at all of my software options based on popular opinion. :smiley: [/B]

How about getting a LiteOn that comes with Nero and just use DVD Decrypter and/or DVD Shrink for free?

Originally posted by nmpaulcp
How about getting a LiteOn that comes with Nero and just use DVD Decrypter and/or DVD Shrink for free?

Funny you should mention that…I have two LiteOn drives in my current rig; a DVD/ROM and a CD burner.

I did some looking around - the only mention I saw of included software was for Sonic MyDVD, which I thought was strange since my LiteOn’s came with Nero. Which version of Nero are the latest LiteOn’s shipping with - no help from the LiteOn website - so any help here is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

:slight_smile:

I might be wrong but Sonic is an authoring program. You should get Nero also in order to burn.

LiteOn now comes with Nero 6 OEM Suite