Universal Music Group makes an agreement with SunnComm

vbimport

I just posted the article Universal Music Group makes an agreement with SunnComm.

While the  DRM software maker and provider SunnComm has been doing very well with 25  record labels using its DRM software, they are still determined to get another  large record label to sign...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9756-Universal-Music-Group-makes-an-agreement-with-SunnComm.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9756-Universal-Music-Group-makes-an-agreement-with-SunnComm.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Sounds a bit ‘Shifty’ to me :wink: What a waste of time and money.

They really think it accomplishes something.If it can be heard it can and will be ripped and copied.It just makes the artist look bad if you hear a bad analog rip then you think the album was produced and mixed like shit and you WON’T buy it.

Just wondering if anyone knows if AnyDVD’s feature to remove CD audio digital protection applies to all the current protection schemes. I haven’t had a new CD in such a long time, that I haven’t tried it.

I am an active musician, and have had to turn down many deals, the reason being, and what most people don’t realise is that the record labels make the artist responsible for all costs incurred when maing an album… sure they give you a $50K advance if your a proven musician, but all this is recoupable based on record sales. My point is, I me and my band mates have to guarantee the labels $300K for them to make out music, so when you guys think your getting ripped off… your really hurting the aritsits… most artists are lucky to sell 20,000 albums when they debut, so although you think thats fine thats $200K, the artist see’s approx $30 leaving them still owing $270K… please support us guys.

I DO support starving artists I CARE about.It’s the rich I don’t mind stealing from.:B