Universal external hard drive stands for vertical storage & use

vbimport

I am looking for durable steady universal external hard drive holders so I can have them standing vertically on my desk to save on desk space. Is it safe to use & store them vertically? I would also like easy access to the cords & switches.

[QUOTE=Sossity;2549395]Is it safe to use & store them vertically? [/QUOTE]

In a word Yes you can use and store a hdd in any position vertically, horizontally,
right side up, upsidedown. :iagree:

[QUOTE=getit29;2549423]In a word Yes you can use and store a hdd in any position vertically, horizontally,
right side up, upsidedown. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

do you know where I could get some stands to store them vertically to save deskspace?

Normally, these stands come with the enclosure. :wink: Or check ebáy.

I personally strongly vote against using an external HDDD vertically, since this is not the most stable position. Some vibration might cause the HDD to tumble over. And this is not what you want.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2549437]Normally, these stands come with the enclosure. :wink: Or check ebáy.

I personally strongly vote against using an external HDDD vertically, since this is not the most stable position. Some vibration might cause the HDD to tumble over. And this is not what you want.

Michael[/QUOTE]

can one stack one on top of the other? what about shelving units to store them in?

[QUOTE=Sossity;2549585]can one stack one on top of the other?[/quote]This depends on the shape of the external case. Some external HDDs were designed to be stacked: http://www.seagate.com/docs/pdf/marketing/po_ext_pb750.pdf (I own a 300GB version of these drives)

what about shelving units to store them in?
Not a bad idea. Make sure the shelf allows good ventilation.

Michael