United States

vbimport

You dont have to reply, but i heard some where that like every other country hates the US. Can you enlighten me on this fact/myth. just curious............... I think the only country that americans talk bad about is France. Usualy/Always for no reason, but theres always some comment to be made about the French.

I don’t know, but the US does have terrible foreign policies, that even I hate.

France…i don’t think i’ve ever heard people from the USA talk about France except about the pretty girls… hehe. Where did you get that France thing from ?

Alot of people from other Countries might not like the USA because it play’s a big role in the World but I think that most understand that the people from the USA have about as much control over their Goverment as say a person from Holland has over his Goverment.

The Net & Forums like CD-Freaks are proof we can all get along , and do ! I like it because it’s the only chance I get to hang out with other people from other Countries.

If you think about it we all are pretty much the same no matter what Country were from…We want to Live a Happy , Peaceful Life , just some times our Goverments want us to think in diffrent ways.

To All : I’m from the USA…if you HATE me I’m sorry you feel that way , if you knew me you might change your mind.

I almost forgot to talk about France…I want to go there some day , even if the Girls are…:cool:

I have nothing against ordinary americans, but I do have a problem with american policies.
Here’s a picture of America:
http://www.attrition.org/gallery/other/world_according_to_america.gif
:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Airhead
Here’s a picture of America:

Lol! (Allthough it is a little outdated… where are all the terrorist countries? You know, the axis of evil…) :stuck_out_tongue:

But, of course we all know this is way too generalizing but there is an element of truth in it… (at least that’s my personal opinion)

:slight_smile:

Where did you get that France thing from ?

Well, mabey its a southern thing (from Georgia). But everbody talks about how stuck-up and smelly the french are. Oh yea, and about the French girls. Apparently they dont shave their armpits. I’ll stick to the American girls.

I’m Dutch and have no problem whatsoever with the States. There are people who are complaining about foreign politics of the USA, I think there is nothing wrong with it. They are currently the most powerfull country on planet earth, a lot of economies depend on it and well if you are the strongest you can do whatever you like. Other countries would do the same if they were in their situation.

As long as the USA doesn’t abuse their power, and for now, I think they didn’t, I think they are allowed to defend their country, friends and whatever they think is important. The USA has always been clear that it doesn’t want to hurt the innocent people and is using technology to try to only hit military targets. I just can’t have anything against them. Besides that they have helped our country in WWII a lot and after that with the Marshall Plan that has benefit both our countries.

Ok being from the US I can shed some light. Not all of us are crazy individuals. I also agree that people here have control of the government like everybody can control the weather, it just doenst work.

I have no problems with people from other countries as long as they treat me with the same respect I give them. But when some crazy comes and blows up lots of people for reason unknown I have a tendency to get a little pissed off.

My Dad was military so we had a chance to go to Japan and England and visit places like the Netherlands, Belgium, Korea, etc. The vast majority of people are friendly. People can get along with one another with no problem. No need for some kooks to ruin it for everyone.

Originally posted by Airhead
http://www.attrition.org/gallery/other/world_according_to_america.gif

This is hilarious.
Printed it and hung it on the whiteboard in my office :wink:

A collegue of mine said that in the USA they get taught Geography by a map in which the USA is the center of it all…if that is true, this image has a lot of truth in it as well :wink:

ok I keep hearing about the policies of the US so tell me what policy are you talking about & how does it effect your life in a negitive way ? Do you think the USA should withdraw from the rest of the World & keep to it’s self ? Would it be a better World if they did so…say starting with World War ll & up to now ?

The USA gives out alot of Money & Aid to other Countries & yes we do expect something in return…Human Rights & some type of Freedom for the Country on the recieveing end…now whats wrong with that ?

As for the Bombing part…well things have changed

The World will know that the UNITED STATES of AMERICA will never stand for an attack of it’s Soil & way of Life…it’s up to those other Countries to decide how they come to that conclusion.

Hey Lets all go party tonight ! wake up in the morning & burn some more CD’s :cool:

From the simpson’s episode “You Only Move Twice” (Trasmitted today here in Italy):

Hank: By the way, Homer, what’s your least favorite country: Italy or France?
Homer: France.
Hank: [chuckles] Nobody ever says Italy. [sets the coordinates of a giant laser gun]

I can’t explain that…but I can assure Italian people loves US. I think it’s since World War II…you saved us guys…

good to hear people like the US

A collegue of mine said that in the USA they get taught Geography by a map in which the USA is the center of it all

America is in the center of our maps, but i think its just like that so we know where we are in location to everyone else. Is that different to foreign maps? What’s in the center of your maps?

Originally posted by ant4bud
America is in the center of our maps, but i think its just like that so we know where we are in location to everyone else. Is that different to foreign maps? What’s in the center of your maps?

The center of the maps known to us lies within (or on the edge of) Africa.

An example can be found here:
http://media.maps101.com/SUB/ATLAS/Images/worldrap.gif

Originally posted by Da_Taxman

A collegue of mine said that in the USA they get taught Geography by a map in which the USA is the center of it all…if that is true, this image has a lot of truth in it as well :wink:

Yep, It’s True.

Originally posted by rag
[B]
ok I keep hearing about the policies of the US so tell me what policy are you talking about & how does it effect your life in a negitive way ? Do you think the USA should withdraw from the rest of the World & keep to it’s self ? Would it be a better World if they did so…say starting with World War ll & up to now ?

The USA gives out alot of Money & Aid to other Countries & yes we do expect something in return…Human Rights & some type of Freedom for the Country on the recieveing end…now whats wrong with that ?
[/B]

The US gives lots of things to other countries. It gives Afghan’s bombs. More civilians have died from the US bombing in Afghanistan than in the World Trade Center bombings (according to the BBC), and for what? To make the US more liked? It was United States “aid” that made Osama Bin Laden hate us. Read the US 2001-2002 middle or high school debate packet for information about how president Bush has vowed to break the ABM (Anti-Ballistic Missile) treaty with Russia. Then see how much the US has “aided” other countries.

Politicians most powerful tool is rampant ignorance. They try to keep the voters away from knowledge of what they do. You have to dig deep to find out.

Americans see themselves as world saviours for some strange reason. The rest of the world would do perfectly good without your intefering.

And yes our maps has africa/europe in the middle, russia/asia to the right and america/south america to the left.

Americans see themselves as world saviours for some strange reason. The rest of the world would do perfectly good without your intefering.

Oh, that is so not true. Where would you be without American trade? Would Europe really be better off without the billions of dollars poured there through trade and aid? After the collapse of the Soviet Union, who was there to help? Sweden? No, the US. After World War II, who instituted the Marshall plan and brought Europe back from the ashes? France? No, the US. In the Middle East, who protected Kuwait from Iraq? The US, and after weeks of convincing, some European allies. History has shown how the US became the savior of many nations in the past.In fact it has done it so many times that Americans have grown accustomed to bailing out their allies constantly.
The only problem the US has right now in terms of foreign policy is the ungrateful nations who curse at the US in public and yet in private beg them not to leave (e.g. Saudi Arabia). The US for half a century supported the world economically and militarily. It has unfortunately become the Atlas of the modern era. It is spit upon and attacked, yet the weight of the world still rests on the shoulders of the United States.

I dont understand. On tv I see people, i think from the middle east, burning American flags and speaking into cameras about how the hate the U.S. I thought the U.S. was helping their country’s. We send first aid and soldiers when needed all because we want the world to be peaceful.

And a question, you think the flags over in Japan and Asia have their country’s in the dead center of their maps like Euro and U.S.

Ok, a brief reply now for I am about to go to work.

The US have a way of forcing themselves upon (certain) foreign governments in a way that is sometimes questionnable at least.

Please bear in mind that I have no grudge myself and only saying things as I think they are viewed in other countries.

US aided Bin Laden to colaborate with the Americans to attack the Russians. At one point in time the group of Bin Laden was so well equipped and the fght with the Russians was over, they had created their own enemy.

To the public it may said that things were done all in the name of world peace, but to some it is seen as the constant struggle to show their world domination and fighting everything and everyone that endangers that position.

I won’t go into the policy of Bush jr., that is a whole separate issue (he looks and sometimes thinks like a monkey :smiley: )

I respect americans as long as they respect me.
What I don’t like is when someone (no matter what country) shows upp and says “My country is better than yours, I’m better than you!”.
And americans tend to do that more, at least on the net.

We send first aid and soldiers when needed…

Oh, and you’re curious why they burn your flag?