Uninstalling apps help needed

vbimport

Good day

After having my iphone over a year now , I decided to upgrade , and add some nice apps and arrange every thing els to my likening.

But now I would Like to uninstall prety much all the apps that I am not using , the one’s that came with android , My Question is , is there any safe list to go buy , because I dont want to uninstall some thing that will corrupt my set up :smiley:

thank u

More often than not, the maker of the tablet decides what you can remove and what you cannot. Samsung is notorious for this. Uninstall it and it just restarts itself. Forced updates on these Samsung apps are also common. It does vary from one device to another. The pre-installed apps do not necessarily “come with Android”.

Anyhow, you can “safely” remove anything that offers that option.

[QUOTE=CDan;2733726]More often than not, the maker of the tablet decides what you can remove and what you cannot. Samsung is notorious for this. Uninstall it and it just restarts itself. Forced updates on these Samsung apps are also common. It does vary from one device to another. The pre-installed apps do not necessarily “come with Android”.

Anyhow, you can “safely” remove anything that offers that option.[/QUOTE]

Thank u for the reply not what i was waiting for :smiley:

But I guess ur right :smiley:

Apart from the custom provider software that CDan refers to pretty much all user installed apps offer the option to uninstall via their page in Google Play Store so I don’t think it’s something you’ll need to worry about too much.

[B]Wombler[/B]

For pre-installed Apps that I don’t use, I generally set them to ‘Disabled’. This way they don’t waste my mobile data allowance or phone storage getting updates. A few examples I disabled on my phone include Facebook and Twitter as I don’t use either social network. The first thing you need to do is look at the app list and take note of every app you don’t plan using.

Go into Settings, then into ‘Apps’. Swipe to the right repetitively until you reach the ‘All’ screen. Look for the first app you’d like to disable and go into it. Touch ‘Uninstall updates’. Then touch ‘Disable’. It’ll throw up a warning about doing so, so just agree to that. Scroll down to where you see the ‘Clear data’ and touch it. Repeat for the ‘Clear cache’ button. Repeat for the next app until you’ve all the ones you don’t plan using disabled.

Don’t disable system apps, i.e. Apps that you don’t see on your main app list. These generally have a tiny size of 4KB to 100KB (at least on my HTC) and many can’t be disabled anyway.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2733798]Apart from the custom provider software that CDan refers to pretty much all user installed apps offer the option to uninstall via their page in Google Play Store so I don’t think it’s something you’ll need to worry about too much.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Certain U.S. providers are known for loading extra apps like Evernote or Flipboard into the firmware as system apps. It’s a shame, really, because then users give low reviews on Google Play for otherwise nice applications. Thankfully things are improving, but…

[QUOTE=Albert;2733819]Certain U.S. providers are known for loading extra apps like Evernote or Flipboard into the firmware as system apps. [/QUOTE]

Yup, <cough> Samsung <cough>. And if you try to kill them they simply restart themselves, or get restarted and updated when an update comes out.

Thanks guys I did as Sean said and it looks Like its working

and yes I disabled the Google play store but it keeps restarting funny

My cell phone is still a lot simpler.
It has the ability to connect to the internet but I have that disabled.
Now for my comment.
What someone needs is to create an app that will ring all the top execs phones every 2 minutes & be unblockable. Until they distribute a firmware flash that let’s you uninstall any app you don’t want.
Same for Bill Gates & MS.

[QUOTE=speer;2733831]Thanks guys I did as Sean said and it looks Like its working

and yes I disabled the Google play store but it keeps restarting funny[/QUOTE]If it keeps restarting, it’s possible something absolutely needs it to run, evem though Android can exist without the Play Store app installed. It’s weird.

[QUOTE=cholla;2733844]My cell phone is still a lot simpler.
It has the ability to connect to the internet but I have that disabled.
Now for my comment.
What someone needs is to create an app that will ring all the top execs phones every 2 minutes & be unblockable. Until they distribute a firmware flash that let’s you uninstall any app you don’t want.
Same for Bill Gates & MS.[/QUOTE]That kind of application could be so useful, even after the phone execs get their act together. Almost like a reverse telethon.

I have a Toshiba tablet and the only way to remove some of the apps (including expired game demos) is to ‘jailbreak’ it. I haven’t bothered although the preloaded garbage takes up half the space in it.

I use a customized rooted rom on my Note 2…I can remove all bloatware through recovery…:stuck_out_tongue:
Great roms but only for Samsung devices : OMEGADROID :iagree:

thanks roadworker I went to the link u provided It seems that OMEG is a big file , its taking for ever to download …

The iphone that I have is the samsung GT-s5830i after downloading the OMEG i would have to read the Instructions on how to install will update

later

Thanks

It doesn’t look like there is a build of OMEGADROID for your phone. You might be able to find other ROMs elsewhere, but I advise you do research on Android ROMs before you consider doing one.

BTW, I’m not sure if it’s a typo, but your phone isn’t an iPhone, and to refer to it as such might be confusing in the future. :wink:

:smiley: im Not sure if it is an Iphone or not But I know that Android is on it :slight_smile:

this is the model samsung GT-s5830i

thanks Albert

Try the TowelRoot app to test if you can easily root your phone. When rooted, test it and then start to delete anything you want from your rooted phone.

You can also try CyanogenMod for other custom firmware for your phone.