Uninstall 5.x, but Keep 6.x

vbimport

When 6.x came out, I installed it alongside 5.x as a precautionary measure. I now feel that 6.x is very good, can’t see any sense in retaining 5.x on my system, so I propose to delete it.

Is there anything that I should look out for, or any “gotchas”? T.I.A.

The programs exist separately so there shouldn’t be any problem uninstalling version 5.

If the worst comes to the worst you can always reinstall version 6 anyway.

[B]Wombler[/B]

As Wombler has stated they do exist seperately and you should have no problems, Most of us however keep both, it takes up very little room

Yep version 5 comes in handy to have around every once in a while
that is why I keep both v5 and v6 on my system. :iagree:

OK, just an update to close off this thread. Thanks for prior comments.

I deleted DVDfab v5.x using StornJumper’s good documentation (see his sig for link), and cleaned the registry of 5.x entries (ccleaner). But one of the deleted 5.x entries must handle registration, because the next time I went to use 6.x, I was on a trial version despite it having been registered prior to all the deletions.

No sweat, just pasted in my key again. So, deleting 5.x in a dual 5 & 6 situation doesn’t seem to break anything/too much, and is easily repairable in any case.

Glad to hear you’re sorted.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=burpnrun;2488316]OK, just an update to close off this thread. Thanks for prior comments.

I deleted DVDfab v5.x using StornJumper’s good documentation (see his sig for link), and cleaned the registry of 5.x entries (ccleaner). But one of the deleted 5.x entries must handle registration, because the next time I went to use 6.x, I was on a trial version despite it having been registered prior to all the deletions.

No sweat, just pasted in my key again. So, deleting 5.x in a dual 5 & 6 situation doesn’t seem to break anything/too much, and is easily repairable in any case.[/QUOTE]

Glad the guide was of some help to you :cool: