Unhandled exception when calling NeroInit

vbimport

Hi!

I’m still having problems burning files to any medium (see thread Initialization failure) and tracking down this problem I stumbled across unhandled exceptions when calling NeroInit. Here’s the relevant part of code:

m_sNeroSettings.nstIdle.ncUserData = this;
  m_sNeroSettings.nstUserDialog.ncUserData = this;
  iInitError = NeroInit(&m_sNeroSettings, NULL);

m_sNeroSettings is declared as a static object:

NERO_SETTINGS CVA::m_sNeroSettings =
{
  // directory name with trailing '\' of where to find the additional Nero DLL and text files
  NULL,
  // path for registry settings (use "ahead", "Nero - Burning Rom" for Nero application's settings)
  "ahead",
  "Nero - Burning Rom",
  // name of the Nero language file; relativ to nstNeroFilesPath (e.g. "Nero.txt")
  "Nero.txt",
  // NERO_IDLE_CALLBACK, may be NULL
  {
    IdleCallback,
  },
  // NERO_USER_DIALOG, must not be NULL, see "NeroUserDialog.h" for details
  {
    UserDialogCallback,
  },
  // We do not use overburning here, because it might be unreliable.
  false,
};

Everything compiles fine, but when running in the debugger, it results in the following output as soon as one steps over the call of NeroInit:

Unhandled exception in VA.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception.

This exception occurs five times and it also occurs if running NeroCmd in the debugger. Any idea what causes this problem and how to solve it?

Regards,
Thorsten

Has anyone been able to resolve this problem? I have having exactly the same problem.

A google search has not yielded any info.

Are you calling NeroAPIGlueConnect() prior to NeroInit()? What is your NeroAPI version? Are you using NeroSDK 1.05?

You say NeroCMD shows some exceptions in the debugger. If these are first-chance exceptions it doesn’t matter as they are caught before they become unhandled. If NeroCMD works fine, then the problem is somewhere in your code. The snippet you posted does not look suspicious. Perhaps you could take a look at the stack trace…

Alexp,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes they are first chance expections.

First-chance exception in GTLDebug.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception.

to be exact. I am using 1.05 of the NEROAPI.

The code for NeroCmd works fine, but I wasn’t sure if I should have been getting these first chance exceptions.

Thank you once again.

Michael

First-chance exceptions are ok. They are usually nothing to be worried about as they are the caught exceptions.

Did you call NeroAPIGlueConnect()? Did it succeed?