Unfair radio airplay tactics probe cause fines for Sony BMG

vbimport

I just posted the article Unfair radio airplay tactics probe cause fines for Sony BMG.

heystoopid used our news submit to tell us his thoughts on this  legal issue: "This is a  short form story, of how Eliot Spitzer has for the past 11 months  been investigating all record labels...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10621-Unfair-radio-airplay-tactics-probe-cause-fines-for-Sony-BMG.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10621-Unfair-radio-airplay-tactics-probe-cause-fines-for-Sony-BMG.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

We all know it is not really news when we hear about the RIAA and such screwing artists out of their hard earned money. This is the reason why nothing good is ever heard. Who in their right mind, with talent would sign up with these people. It’s kinda like giving a bank robber your paycheque for safe keeping.

Just $10 million? Thats much less than they bribe government and law enforcement per month. Make an example of them, instead of a slapping them on the wrists while taking cash in bulging brown envelopes.

OK So just to make sure I have this right… The industry bribes and uses payola to get their choices of tunes played on the air. Then people download the tunes that were hyped up illegally on publicly licensed air waves and then the RIAA goes out and gets them busted and calls them crooks. Then congress passes more laws so some of the RIAA members can get more money to bribe more people with. Damn! The mob never had a set up this good! And the tax payers are footing the bill for this too. he he he he he he he he he he he - This is incredible!!! I guess the end justifies the means huh? Nice to see the Attorney General just got his head out of his ass. Here he has had the FBI running all over the world chasing those “criminal” pirates and now the best he can do is fine those who have been influencing the entire record market illegally and holding the independent lables at bay by bribing away the air play. I wonder how those artists feel about the RIAA’s members keeping them from making an honest living.
[edited by rla on 26.07.2005 07:25]