"Underclock" 48125s to 40125s?

Hi, first post here! :slight_smile:
I just bought a LiteOn LTR-48125s and to my big disappointment it isn’t recognised by Feurio. I checked Feurio’s site before I ordered, but apparantly not closely enough… :frowning:

So…now I’m considering the possibility to downgrade the drive to LTR-40125s which is fully supported. I don’t really have the need for those extra 8x if I can’t use my favorite program!

Is it possible?
Is it just plain stupid?
How do I do it?

Thanks for your help!
//ix

I don’t have Feurio, so I’m kind of shooting from the hip here, but do you know if it supports the 48125W? Is so, instead of underclocking it, you can flash it to that model using Mtkflash v1.55, and the VS08 firmware, and you get to keep your 48x write speed.

I checked Feurio’s site and it actually supports 48125w, but only the Beta-version which isn’t available for demo users.
Guess I could buy it, but I don’t have money right now…

Besides from the difference in speed, are there any other disadvantages when underclocking to 40125s?
And is it reversible?

Less protected audio discs might be read.

OK, if you choose to underclock your drive using Mtkflash, it is reversible in the event something goes wrong.

You can grab Mtkflash v1.55 and the 40125s firmware from here:

http://liteon.notrix.net/

ZS0N is the latest version, so it’s probably compatible with more media. Make sure you back up your current firmware. Read the howto.txt, also.

More info regarding flashing here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42344

and here

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42502

Flashing your drive with the firmware from a different drive voids your warranty, so make sure you understand the implications, and thoroughly understand how to use Mtkflash.

feurio 1.66 has just been released which does support it…

feurio 1.66 has been released but, it mentions that 48125W is supported.

Nothing is said about 48125S.

It actually says that the 48125s is supported but “without guranty”.
http://www.feurio.net/English/cd_writer.shtml

I haven’t tried to burn a CD yet, but the drive is at least recognised by Feurio.

I’m using Feurio v1.65 with a 48125S, I can assure you it works perfectly well. Just select the Generic MMC-driver.

Just because it’s not supported doesn’t mean it won’t work!!!

@Bilto

Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Bilto
[B]I’m using Feurio v1.65 with a 48125S, I can assure you it works perfectly well. Just select the Generic MMC-driver.

Just because it’s not supported doesn’t mean it won’t work!!! [/B]

a big thanks bilto i didnt know how to use the generic mmc - driver so i uninstalled 1.66 reinstalled 1.65 had a mess around with it found where you can change the drivers from selected the driver for the 48125S and hey presto two full working drives … ( oh i luv this forum )

Originally posted by hobogobo

a big thanks bilto i didnt know how to use the generic mmc - driver so i uninstalled 1.66 reinstalled 1.65 had a mess around with it found where you can change the drivers from selected the driver for the 48125S and hey presto two full working drives … ( oh i luv this forum )

Don’t really get it - why uninstalling v.1.66 which is newer than v.1.65? :confused:

Your drive is now supported by Feurio. Why worry ?
It’s just not necessary body movements. :cop:

Originally posted by -ix-
It actually says that the 48125s is supported but “without guranty”.
I haven’t tried to burn a CD yet, but the drive is at least recognised by Feurio.

“Without guarantee” means absolutely nothing - don’t pay too much attention to it.
If your drive is presented there, then it’s just go ahead with your happy burning. :smiley:

Feurio! is the one and only I’ve been burning my audio with for quite a while, even when sometimes seeing those “warnings”.

Feurio! is the progam for audio burning .

Why if Feurio! good for audio recording? I’ve noticed that i have to burn my audio 12x or less to get good burns. Which isn’t a big deal, all in all, a couple of mintues here or there isn’t going to hurt. But I use Nero.

So what’s so special about Feurio! and why should I use it?

Appreciate any comments,

thanks

nider

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]

“Without guarantee” means absolutely nothing - don’t pay too much attention to it.
If your drive is presented there, then it’s just go ahead with your happy burning. :smiley:

Feurio! is the one and only I’ve been burning my audio with for quite a while, even when sometimes seeing those “warnings”.

Feurio! is the progam for audio burning . [/B]

Thanks everyone…
I just burned a CD (Jakob Hellman - …och stora havet) with a perfect result using the original firmware.

I have used Feurio for a couple of years now - always with outstanding results. That’s why I freaked out a bit when I thought I coudn’t do it anymore. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by nider

Why if Feurio! good for audio recording? I’ve noticed that i have to burn my audio 12x or less to get good burns. Which isn’t a big deal, all in all, a couple of mintues here or there isn’t going to hurt. But I use Nero.

So what’s so special about Feurio! and why should I use it?

Just a couple of examples :

Fuerio - Why does everyone love it?

Which programs can do correct MP3-decodong

Creating backup audio cd’s?

Originally posted by BoSkin
A food for thoughts ( for those who have those ):

ZDNet Software Library Review:
"We haven’t seen too many apps that would make us quit using Easy CD Creator as our CD recording software of choice – until we reviewed Feurio. Here’s a CD ripping/recording solution that truly does it all. Use its elegant interface to retrieve CD information from the CDDB, digitally extract CD tracks, edit the produced .wav files, record them on a CD-R or CD-RW disc, and print up a spiffy-looking CD cover. Want to put MP3s on an audio CD? No problem. Organize your discs with the built-in database functions. CD and .wav players are included as well. Even if you’re totally happy with your current CD recording software, Feurio deserves a serious look. No features are disabled in this unregistered version. Purchase removes the shareware reminders.

Yippee Shareware:
“…Definitely a more fully featured program in comparison to other CD burners out there - Feurio also provides a nice interface and great functionality. Well worth a look for comparison’s sake.”

WinPlanet:
“Feurio, King of CD Audio Recording!
We have been creating CDs for years and have felt the software that came with our CD-R was great; boy, were we wrong! Feurio by Ahead Software out of Karlsbad Germany has all of the answers for the questions we were afraid to ask. Feurio is a CD ripping/recording software that makes short work of any music mastering chore that you can think of. It can help organize music using a CD database (incl. CDDB support), and has a CD and Wave Player, a Wave Editor, and CD burning software all in one powerful package. The real power is built into the audio grabber, which will handle any type of CD-ROM drive thrown at it. We had one of the first CD-ROMs made and it performed perfectly with Feurio. Running Windows NT, it is almost impossible to create a buffer underrun as long as you are not running caching programs while burning, and under Windows 95/98 it is no problem to continue surfing and doing small tasks.
Also, it has integrated a great project manager that will take as many projects as you can throw at it, and can interchange music from project to project and change track order on the fly. The CDDB support mentioned is an internet-based database that keeps track of titles and names of all of audio CDs, avoiding having to type them in over and over. The Track editor is a real work of art. It cuts silent passages in your recordings, adds fade-ins and fade-outs, and even digitizes and saves LP albums as wave files in one operation, even split into single tracks. Ahead Software has been renowned as one of the best CD recording packages on the market, and it seems it just won’t ease up on the competition!
Summary:
Anyone serious about music recording truly needs Feurio. There just isn’t another that carries the long list of features, the sheer power of an advanced CD audio recording software that this one does. From Feurio’s easy installation, great user interface, and great tech support, to sheer power that reminds me of a supersonic jet–only Feurio is just breaking the sound barrier on music CD mastering .”