Underburning a cdr

i know it is possible to overburn a cdr but can you underburn one?? i have heard of yamahas audio master technology and it basically underburns a cdr to get better results. any info on how to possibly do this would be much appreciated.

just put less data or music on it then the cd can handle

but i do not think that you mean that

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]just put less data or music on it then the cd can handle

but i do not think that you mean that [/B]

no, i didnt mean that :bigsmile:

sounds like a waste of time, you would just be leaving wasted space, not gaining a thing in quality.

try to tell what you mean…cd pirate

I guess he wants to make bigger pits and lands. (Because of his mention of Yamaha Audio Master technology.)

guess so…then he has to buy a yammie

Originally posted by Fallen
I guess he wants to make bigger pits and lands. (Because of his mention of Yamaha Audio Master technology.)

exactly :bigsmile:

i see

you want to have a higher quality burn…and you do not care that that leads to less space on the disk

for that you need a yamaha

but for high quality burns/backups you need;

good software; EAC and Feurio
good media; look in this forum
good burn; low speeds seem to be the best (my opinion)

Problem is, he wants to do that with data, and not audio as the Yamaha does.

then i have no clue how to do it…

There’s no sense in doing that with data…

i thought so

the yammie option is to prevent skipping and stuuf…to give audio more compatibilty with players…

Originally posted by alexnoe
There’s no sense in doing that with data…

i want to do it with both audio and data (playstation).
also, i dont see why it would be impossible since programs let you overburn. if you simply had a program which allowed underburning then it should be possible, well at least i hope so.

This is a firmware issue. I don’t know whether Yamaha firmware is restricted to audio with “AMQ”, but I think so.

i believe there was a thread over putting data inside a rar then adding wav header etc. Perhaps you could do that.

But i don’t think thats what you want.

Use 74 or 63 minute discs - if you can still get them !

(The veterans here might remember the latter).

The track pitch is slightly wider on the lower capacity discs (but not by much…) and you MIGHT notice your particularly frumpy hardware prefers these discs to the 80 minute or 90min + discs you might be using at the moment.

yeah, i have an old cd player that doesn’t like 80 minute cd-rs. Burning with the yamaha with their special audio mode helped.