Uncopyable Dvd

Hi.

I got a Dvd that i cant copy using CloneDVD. It play fine in a standard Dvd player and on the Pc (in a Lite-on 166s,Lite-on 411a and a Pioneer 107)

It will only get to the Title Config page in CloneDVD and thats it. I can select the disc but once that is done the preview window says “IFOProperties 6” and the quality bar is a zero and if i hit next, CloneDVD will lock up.

Haven’t hade any other problems with any other Dvd’s.

Any help would be greatfull.

Thanks.

Why don’t you enlight us and tell, what DVD this is?

Movie called Menace II Society.

I also tried DVD Decrypter and got the same message.

I managed to copy menace to society dvd region2 no probs with clonedvd 2.

What region is it?

What do you use to remove the css, anydvd?

what versions of the software u using?

I am gonna take a guess that you are not trying to back-up the original? Did they grab it off of the NET. and make that copy? or do you know what software made that copy?

Originally posted by HAMP

I am gonna take a guess that you are not trying to back-up the original?

Originally posted by PaRaNoiD

It plays fine in a standard Dvd player and on the Pc (in a Lite-on 166s,Lite-on 411a and a Pioneer 107)

Originally posted by hburrows83
[B]I managed to copy menace to society dvd region2 no probs with clonedvd 2.

What region is it?

What do you use to remove the css, anydvd?

what versions of the software u using? [/B]

Sorry for the late reply, flat out at work.

Anyway, the disc is region 1, double side(one side widescreen the other standard)and it brand new, no marks on either side.

I try 4 different versions off CloneDVD(1.3.11.2, both sneakpreview version and the new 2.0.4.1) and AnyDVD versions 3.2.1.1 and the new 3.5.1.1.

Still no luck, im guessing it must be the disc in some way as i have never hade any problems with any other disc before.

Thanks for help anyway.

You said you tried using DVD Decrypter? If you ripped the files to your hard drive with DVD Decrypter and then opened the files using CloneDVD you should be successful with your backup…

Why don’t you try Intervideo Dvd copy Platinum 1.2 or 2.0, use m-dvd (merge multiple dvd on 1 dvd).

It’ll work with anydvd 6.3.1.1 :bigsmile:

Which of these are you ripping the DVD with Lite-on 166s,Lite-on 411a and a Pioneer 107, Reason I asked, I remember reading something about “IFOProperties” and that CloneDVD has detected a structural inconsistency.

Have you tried to read at a slower speed? I also would like to add(this situation is just a fluke but,) I have a original movie(The Cell) that would not play all the way thru(only75% of the movie played then I get a error saying"unable to read disk") on my PS2 or my stand alone. I read the disk at a slower speed with the Plextor and made a copy and that played fine in both the PS2 and stand alone DVD player

Hi!

I had the same problem with a DVD ( IFIProperties 6) in clonedvd tried loadsa ways to copy it, seemed like a mastering error of some sort finally managed to back it up using Power producer gold, also worked if you copy all the files to HD and just select vob files and create iso from vob’s using clonedvd.

After copying tried to backup copy normally but still dont work only way is as above each time.

Hope this helps!

have u tried using dvd shrink

have u tried using dvd shrink

I am having the same problem copying Menace II Society. I get the error message (IFO Properties 6). Has anyone figured out how to copy this DVD yet?

Now that you have revived a 8 month old thread…

There have been like a hundred CloneDVD and AnyDVD updates since that post. What versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD are you using?
Ollie does like it when you say “the latest”.

In the future, start your own thread and provide a link to the old one.