Unable to write to CD-RW with Direct CD

Problem:
I have one computer running Windows XP SP1 with a Sony DVD dual layer burner and the Nero Ultra suite version 6. I erased some used Verbatim CD-RW 4x-12x media with Incd and I am able to read and write just fine with Incd on the Windows XP computer. When I take that same CD-RW disc to my Windows 98 SE computer with an HP 9100 series cd-writer I can read the files, but I cannot write to it nor delete files from it. The Windows 98 SE computer is running Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platium which uses Direct CD.

The error I get when trying to copy a file to the CD-RW disc from the Win98SE is: “Cannot copy compete: The disk is write-protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk”

When trying to delete a file from the CD-RW using the WIN98SE I get the following error: “Cannot delete DriveUp5.3.5p: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currntly in use”

How do I fix it where I can read/write to these CD-RW’s with both Incd and Direct cd?

Thanks for your help

Gary