Unable to write Datasafe 4X DVD+RW

vbimport

Datasafe 4x DVD+RW
ADVDINFO: RICOHJPNW11

Should my nec 2500a be able to write these as whenever i try on verifying the burn it fails or have wasted £12 on a duff batch :frowning:

Anyone else had any luck with this media

Thanks.

Yes I’ve used this media without issues.
RICOH can produce bad batches from time to time.
Disregarding the Nero verify, can you still read all the data on the disc? If so I wouldn’t worry about it.

I can read the disc but parts are bad.

eg. 4.3gig rar file unable to open the archive.

on another

500 seperate rar archives… randomly tested them found a couple that failed to open.

Could be a bad batch as the bottom disc the dye looked screwed up and the drive won’t recognise it. The rest look fine. Howvever on verify or speed test the ones i burn’t fail arou9nd the same place.

Oh well what a waste…:sad:

Yep sounds like you got a bad batch.
I would try to return them if possible.

Originally posted by skysnapper
[B]I can read the disc but parts are bad.

eg. 4.3gig rar file unable to open the archive.

on another

500 seperate rar archives… randomly tested them found a couple that failed to open.

Could be a bad batch as the bottom disc the dye looked screwed up and the drive won’t recognise it. The rest look fine. Howvever on verify or speed test the ones i burn’t fail arou9nd the same place.

Oh well what a waste…:sad: [/B]

Try the written disc in another drive. The NEC ND-2500A do not have the best reading capabilities.

Good point OC-Freak.
Also, you may want to try copying the archive(s) to your harddrive first and then trying to open them.

Its my only DVD drive, tried copying the file back but failed with crc errors… shame i have to send 10 discs back by registered post! Doesn’t seem worth it…Mind u the company haven’t bothered replying to my email i sent first thing this morning,

In two minds to send the nec back too as its going to be my only dvd drive. At the time of purchase everyone raved about ,it, unfortunatley i must’ve missed the bad read posts at the time… wern’t any on the forum i was reading…otherwise would have got the pioneer :sad:

any way thanx for the help.