Unable to view attachments

vbimport

Lately, all I see for images is:

“Attached Images”

…and a whole string of verticle words that won’t paste here.

What’s up with that?

G.:sad:

what browser you running Gary,try anther browser you sound like you got a conflict.

It’s always been IE8. I have no other browsers. hmmm…

Here’s what I see:

Attach Images
View/Download
attachments
and
remove
advertisments
by
registering
now!
(it’s
easy,
free
and
takes
less
than
a
minute)

To
view
attachments
in
this
forum
your
must
be
or
greater.
You
currently
have
posts.

That’s what it says and how it’s arranged. I hadn’t noticed that bottom line till now.

What’s it mean I have zero posts? I’m sure that’s not right.
Has the forum been having problems or dropping people?

G.

@ Gaarry , I agree with marloyd on testing with another browser.
The problem has to be something thats been done in the site programing but it might be a conflict with IE8.
I’m using IE9 & having no problems so far. I use IE9 about 99% of the time.
I tried IE10 & had various problems so I rolled it back.

I recomend trying Opera . It’s my alternative browser. I’ve never had any conflict problems with it. On my laptop Opera works with Google Voice & IE9 doesn’t . I know why & I could fix IE9 to do that but I beleive it is more secure not being able to.

I also have a version of FireFox installed. It needs a newer version but has worked so far. I rarely use it so that is why I haven’t updated it.

IE9 says I am 71 years old, IE10 says I am 70, so I will stick with IE10.:wink: (j/jking):disagree:

[QUOTE=Gaarry;2698096]It’s always been IE8. I have no other browsers. hmmm…

Here’s what I see:

Attach Images
View/Download
attachments
and
remove
advertisments
by
registering
now!
(it’s
easy,
free
and
takes
less
than
a
minute)

To
view
attachments
in
this
forum
your
must
be
or
greater.
You
currently
have
posts.

That’s what it says and how it’s arranged. I hadn’t noticed that bottom line till now.

What’s it mean I have zero posts? I’m sure that’s not right.
Has the forum been having problems or dropping people?

G.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm… the forum shows you have 198 posts which is presumably correct but the Moderator Control Panel shows zero posts.

I’ll get it checked out for you.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Unfortunately I could not replicate this on my end, even with Windows XP running Internet Explorer 8 and using a test account.

There are two possibilities I can think of:

[B]Are you using a proxy or satellite Internet service?[/B]

To check if you’ve a proxy set, go into your Internet Options (Tools menu), then go into the “Connections Tab” and “LAN Settings”. The “Use a proxy server…” option should not be checked.

If you’ve recently switched to Satellite Internet, there’s a possibility it may be causing the issue. To overcome the long latency issue with a satellite connection, some providers have a server that fetches all the images for a page remotely and sends the lot in one go over satellite to cache on the user’s satellite box so that as the user’s browser fetches the individual images, they are loaded instantly. The problem here is that when the remote server fetches the images, Myce’s server probably sees that server as a guest and thus returns the message about not being logged in and also about having 0 posts.

[B]Do you have any plug-ins that may be causing a problem?[/B]

A simple way to check is to try browsing Myce with add-ons disabled. To do this, go into Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)

If attachments display fine in this mode, then there is a plug-in or toolbar that is causing a problem.