Unable to success CrossFlashing my DRW-24B1ST FW 1.04

vbimport

Hi,

i bought an DRW-24B1ST it cames with FW 1.04

and i’m unable to crossflash it to liteon ihas124/324 for the LT MAX BURNER FOR XBOX 360.

DRW-24B1ST a version

i see all success with 1.03 fw but i cant downgrade since i need to downgrade the EEPROM too but i dont have it’s binary only the fw 1.03 i have.

BTW , IF SOMEONE CAN SEND ME HIS 1.03 EEPROM, TO TRY Please

when i hit convert drive in the eeprom utility and restart, i’m trying to flash iHAS124_A.BL0A.stock.exe it flashes, but only the fw version is changed to 0A24 and the drive is stuck with the green led on

and the brand is still asus DRW-24B1ST displayed, drive is dead, i can only restore to the backup, cant success crossflash

please tell me what should i do to get it crossflashed successfuly.

Thanks , deliad

I believe that if your drive came with 1.04 firmware, you probably have a “B” series drive. You need to flash it with the “ATAPI.iHAS324_[B]B.AL18[/B].stock” firmware from codeguys. Don’t forget to run the EEPROM Utility frome codeguys to “convert” the drive immediately after flashing. That will result in a Lite-On iHAS324 drive and Device Manager should then report it as an “ATAPI iHAS324 [B]B[/B] SCSI CdRom Device”. The drives that came with 1.03 firmware apparently were “A” series drives and had a completely different chipset that used different firmware.

I just went through all this a few hours ago with a new DRW-24B1ST and finally figured it out.

[QUOTE=deliad;2612285]Hi,

i bought an DRW-24B1ST it cames with FW 1.04

and i’m unable to crossflash it to liteon ihas124/324 for the LT MAX BURNER FOR XBOX 360.

DRW-24B1ST a version

i see all success with 1.03 fw but i cant downgrade since i need to downgrade the EEPROM too but i dont have it’s binary only the fw 1.03 i have.

BTW , IF SOMEONE CAN SEND ME HIS 1.03 EEPROM, TO TRY Please

when i hit convert drive in the eeprom utility and restart, i’m trying to flash iHAS124_A.BL0A.stock.exe it flashes, but only the fw version is changed to 0A24 and the drive is stuck with the green led on

and the brand is still asus DRW-24B1ST displayed, drive is dead, i can only restore to the backup, cant success crossflash

please tell me what should i do to get it crossflashed successfuly.

Thanks , deliad[/QUOTE]

Let’s clarify a few things before you kill or impair your drive for good…

• [U]Always[/U] backup [U]both[/U] your firmware and your EEPROM before doing anything, and keep those backups safe!!!

• Typically DRW-24B1ST with firmware 1.04 are B series drives

• Typically DRW-24B1ST with firmware 1.03 or lower are A drives

• You can’t crossflash between A drives and Bdrives - the two series have different chipsets/hardware

• The LT MAX BURNER firmware is only for B drives

• I doubt you can see any ‘success’ for DRW-24B1ST drives with firmware 1.03, since those drives will be A drives and the LT MAX BURNER firmware is only for B drives

• The EEPROM of each drive is [U]unique[/U] as it contains calibration data unique to that drive. As such, [U]never ever[/U] flash the EEPROM of one drive to another!!!

• Don’t mess with the EEPROM other than playing with the Convert Drive feature, and make sure you know what you’re doing before doing it.

• The statement about having to downgrade the EEPROM is incorrect

• The correct crossflash procedure is to flash the new firmware first and then use the Convert Drive feature, not the other way around!