Unable to shrink one movie! 72 hours lost!

vbimport

I have one movie (DVD) without any single scratch. CloneDVD fail to copy this movie to Hard Drive.

DVD decrypter fail to copy the movie to hdd as well.

Fortunately, I was able to copy the movie from the DVD to the hard drive using DVDFAB Express.

Now I have a folder in my desktop with the entire movie structure, 8GB.

I want to compress now (preserving menus and spanish / english languages) to a 4.3 dvd. The problem is:

• Clonedvd found an structure problem at 80% on the dvd files.
  • DVDFab gold convert the 8GB movie to a 5.3GB movie ;(
  • DvdFab platinum do the same as the Gold version

How I can convert this movie on my HDD to a 4.3GB movie? I cannot use dvdshrink because I want to keep subtitles and spanish / english languages.

Thanks!

You could try DVDRebuilder FREE.

I will take some time but is a nice program.

http://www.jdobbs.com/Pages/Downloads.htm

[QUOTE=~KIPPER~;2102882]You could try DVDRebuilder FREE.

http://www.jdobbs.com/Pages/Downloads.htm[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much for the great tip. I downloaded the tool and leave the encoding process running in my computer… I will let you know if works!.. Thanks very much in advance…

[QUOTE=~KIPPER~;2102882]You could try DVDRebuilder FREE.

http://www.jdobbs.com/Pages/Downloads.htm[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, with DVDRebuilder free I get a “Gob file error” at 50%… “aborting process” … :sad:

Any other software to compress a 9GB dvd (already decrypted on Hard disk) to a 4.3 GB disk?

Regards!
Alex

So,you were able to use Fab Gold/Plat to successfully copy a 9GB file to HDD and now you have a 5.3GB VIDEO_TS folder/movie? If so, try running your 5.3gb file through Shrink…
I’m not sure why FAB wouldn’t compress to 4.3GB size for you…check your settings…

Since you have CloneDvd I’m guessing you have Anydvd running in the background…if so right click on the red fox in the system tray (next to the clock) and click “Rip Video DVD to Hardisk” and after that then run it thru Clonedvd or shrink.

Sounds to me that the problem is not a software one as portrayed, but a “bad” disc. You should try another disc.

[QUOTE=bilbo65;2103178]Sounds to me that the problem is not a software one as portrayed, but a “bad” disc. You should try another disc.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Something happens with this movie. But why dvdfab was able to copy it to hard drive?

why clonedvd stops at 80% and dvd rebuilder at 50% with different errors?

I like the movie and I want my backup… now more when I know the original movie maybe have issues…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2103123]So,you were able to use Fab Gold/Plat to successfully copy a 9GB file to HDD and now you have a 5.3GB VIDEO_TS folder/movie? If so, try running your 5.3gb file through Shrink…
I’m not sure why FAB wouldn’t compress to 4.3GB size for you…check your settings…[/QUOTE]

yes, i know, is crazy… the dvdfab is setup for 4.7 gigs and the result is 5.7 gigs… i cannot burn this data on a 4.3 disk… is stupid…

Put all the settings back to default and try again. :wink: