Unable to read DVD-RW version 1.1/2X-speed recorded in Panasonic VDR-D100 VR format

Hi,
I recorded my videos in panasonic VDR-D100 model the recording was done in VR format specified in the model. I finalized the DVD and tried to copy into my home pc (window XP). But the DVD itself is not recognized by my PC. The DVD reader & writer (samsung) gives an error saying unknown format.

Thanks in Advance for the help
Anand

[quote=anandganeshk;1790887]Hi,
I recorded my videos in panasonic VDR-D100 model the recording was done in VR format specified in the model. I finalized the DVD and tried to copy into my home pc (window XP). But the DVD itself is not recognized by my PC. The DVD reader & writer (samsung) gives an error saying unknown format.

Anand[/quote]

It’s probably using .VRO files which no DVD-Player can play. You need to load it into Power Director (or Pinacle Studio but it’s MUCH slower, it can take hours not minutes) and then export it as a DVD. I have a Hitachi DVD-RAM camera than has the same issue. I’d also conside just getting a Samsung digital camera. They record in normal 640x480 30 per second M-JPEG .AVI files which any DVD authoring software can handle. I have a 60X 4 GB SD card in it. I just connect it via a USB port to my PC and it copies over just like a memory stick. They even have a still camera that shoot decent video unlike Kodak/Polaroid/etc. which all shoot crappy low-res jerky video but I start at model 730 ($129 and sold everywhere) and up. It has an ISO of 1000 which is similar to a real video camera. It’s major drawback it no audio input port like a video camera might have but if you normally just use the built-in microphone it’s pretty similar but it seems less sensative. It shoots stills in it 6M mode (which I use) at the highest Photo CD size of 3072x2048 but can do a non-standard 3072x2304 as well. You’ll still need good lighting like a normal video/still camera or they colors shift towards yellow but this is pretty common.

[quote=anandganeshk;1790887]Hi,

Anand[/quote]

What booktype is the media? I DVD-RAM can be read by only certain newer drives. DVD-R or DVD-RW can be read by any drive worth not tossing in the garbage.