Unable to read DVD+RW (Pioneer DVR-215)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-215. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi, i am presently in possession of a Pioneer DVR-215 dvd burner. I am facing a minor setback with regards to reading of sony’s dvd+r; which earlier on could read without hiccups. A couple of days ago, when i had inserted the discs to the dvd-writer the entire computer was momentarily hanged; all background functions halted, applications ceased to function etc. The only conjecture i can come up with, was that i burnt the data on the sony dvd+r using a archaic version of nero v8, but now i am using a v9 edition. The only workaround i can fathom would be to flash the firmware, unfortunately my writer already comes with the latest pre-built firmware. Pioneer has not released any new revised firmware for a long time, thus rendering me helpless in this situation. I am all ears to hearing out any feasible solutions on this matter thank you.

Your Sony DVD-R are usually the only problem.
Do a TRT with nero cd dvd speed and post it here.

@ LebronJames23,

What leads you to believe that “only workaround i can fathom would be to flash the firmware”? Firmware doesn’t have any thing to do with your problem. Most certainly it is always prudent to have the most current up to date Firmware installed on your DVD-Burner to obtain optima performance form your DVD Burner but if currently you have the most current up to date Firmware installed it is unnecessary to install Firmware.

Sony doesn’t manufacture the vast majority of the Media with the Sony brand name stamped on the Media package. The majority of the Media with the Sony brand name stamped on the Media package is actually manufactured by various Media manufacture sub-contractors. Unfortunately many of these Media manufacture sub-contractors produced less than desirable poor quality problematic Media. Suggest discarding your known well-documented poor quality problematic Sony branded Media.

Suggest obtaining known proven quality error free Media such as Taiyo Yuden an/or Verbatim Media which has a well documented history of producing known proven quality error free Media.

Regards,
bjkg