Unable to read cd's

vbimport

Hi,

I purchased a few cd’s of brand “princo” about 4 yrs ago and wrote a lot of data like softwares, games, cartoon movies, pdf files etc. After burning the data I put all the cds’ in the cupbord. Now I took out all the cd’s to check my data but the cd’s are not getting recognised in my computer. All the cd’s are scatchless and still looks brand new. I have tried those cd’s in different cd/dvd drives too but still the data wont show… anyone please help me get my data back, and why is the cd’s not getting recognised?? :sad:

Rgds,
Rashid.

CDs are normally fairly reliable that way if they’ve been looked after but it’s certainly possible for them to degrade.

Try reading them in a writer as the laser in these is more sensitive.

Failing that try recovering the data with IsoPuzzle.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hi [B]Wombler[/B],

I tried IsoPuzzle but still it does not show the data… any other help… thx thx.
Rashid

Princo is not a brand known for reliability or longevity. The discs have apparently degraded to a point where they may never be readable.

What brands of drives have you tried to read the CDs in? Some will be better at the task than others.

[QUOTE=Rashidss;2474574]Hi [B]Wombler[/B],

I tried IsoPuzzle but still it does not show the data… any other help… thx thx.
Rashid[/QUOTE]

Sorry if this seems like an obvious question but are you absolutely certain that data has been written to these discs?

It would be very unusual for a disc not to show some portion of the data visible in IsoPuzzle even if the files themselves are unrecoverable.

A whole series of them that are absolutely completely unreadable just doesn’t seem right.

If you hold the disc near a window and reflect the daylight on it can you see the division between the written and blank portion?

[B]Wombler[/B]

There is a free version of ISOBuster, which is another data recovery program for optical disks. You might want to give it a shot.