Unable to post attachments :(

vbimport

Hi,

Sigh, my first post, and it is to report that I am vainly trying to post my scans on the Plextor forum. It seemed to work just fine yesterday, but today I get a “Copy to file system directory failed.)” The files are tiny (8K-38K) png images. Have tried renaming them with really short filenames and moving them around my system, but no go. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a firewall or ISP-type problem. Security settings, etc. You are using the attachment function, and your system is not able to upload the file. You can also use the image button like this: (if you have available and link-able web space.)

Thank you very much for the tips. I will continue to troubleshoot this, but I’m a bit puzzled overall because I am failing to attach images from a university server in California and one in Wisconsin! Not to mention it was working fine yesterday. I will go ahead and post using my web server for now.

Just tested uploading a picture and everything works fine here.

I have the same problem - can’t upload image :frowning: 14k png.
Got this message:

Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 503 is not allowed to access /home/forumattachments/1/1/3/2 owned by uid 48 in /includes/functions_file.php on line 112
Close this window Manage Attachments
Upload Errors
abc.png:
Could not create file system directory to hold your attachment.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Should be fixed now.