Unable to play/rip CD's

Hello all,

I have a DVD+RW from HP with light scribe, it worked great playing/ripping and burning. Now for some reason it will not play any audio CD and when I try to rip (In multiple programs WMP, iTunes Etc.) It’ll rip about the first minute of the first track and nothing else. When I try to play a CD the same results happen. I thought it was something in the drive itself, so I bought a brand new one and to my dismay does the exact thing the only difference is it’ll import a little bit more of the first track and maybe 20 or 30 seconds of a few other tracks. I tried to Google a fix, but was unsuccessful. I have tried updating the drivers to no avail as well as changing the settings. The odd thing is, if I insert a game or DVD to watch it plays just fine without any problems, and it still burns perfectly, It seems it’s just with audio CD’s. I am trying to determine if this is hardware or software related. I’m thinking it is more software since this new one is having the same results. Any help would be great.

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

I’ve moved your thread to our Newbie Forum, where hopefully someone will help you out. :slight_smile:

Hi,

this could be something like the “Sony Rootkit” or similar virus-like “protection” on some DRM-infected music CD you allowed to install on your computer.

Michael