Unable to play in DVD player

vbimport

Hi,

I have a Samsung HT X50 and I am using DVDneXtCopy 3 I am able to view a finished DVD on the PC but not on the Samsung. It shows the loading screen for a bit then goes to disk error. I am using imation DVD-R 4.7 to burn to. I am copying the video to my hard drive first, and burning from there. Not sure what other tech stuff you need to know but any help would be greatly appreciated. I just purchased the nxtcopy so if I can’t the copies to play on my player soon I will be requesting a refund.

Thanks,
My0wn

[quote=my0wn911;2160760]Hi,

I have a Samsung HT X50 and I am using DVDneXtCopy 3 I am able to view a finished DVD on the PC but not on the Samsung. It shows the loading screen for a bit then goes to disk error. I am using imation DVD-R 4.7 to burn to. I am copying the video to my hard drive first, and burning from there. Not sure what other tech stuff you need to know but any help would be greatly appreciated. I just purchased the nxtcopy so if I can’t the copies to play on my player soon I will be requesting a refund.

Thanks,
My0wn[/quote]
DO you know what the burn speed you used when you burned the disc. For your blank media you should burn at half the rated speed

Try better media (Verbatim). If you don’t have any available, a local retailer, especially if you bought it there, should be able to burn a disc for you.

Thanks that was going to be my next test I used the default which was 12x I am trying one at 4 now.
Thanks,
my0wn

[quote=my0wn911;2160848]Thanks that was going to be my next test I used the default which was 12x I am trying one at 4 now.
Thanks,
my0wn[/quote]
yeah, that’s right 12x is the default for Ultimate and you need to change it if you want a slower burn speed.

I would go to 8x as 4x may cause write errors if writing too slow.

Thanks,
Ok tried 8x it goes through the loading process then switches to play prohibited check disc. Obviously I am new to this but I was looking in the settings of nxtcopy and the default on the copy setting has a check on remove region code. My manual for the DVD player says DVD’s with invalid region codes will not play. Should I try taking the check out and recopying? Or is it because of the cheap media? I don’t mind buying better media like Verbatim but I hate to waste more $ if I can’t play it on my DVD player. The whole idea is for me to save $ buying DVD’s twice because they get ruined over time.

Thanks again,
my0wn

[quote=my0wn911;2160874]Thanks,
Ok tried 8x it goes through the loading process then switches to play prohibited check disc. Obviously I am new to this but I was looking in the settings of nxtcopy and the default on the copy setting has a check on remove region code. My manual for the DVD player says DVD’s with invalid region codes will not play. Should I try taking the check out and recopying? Or is it because of the cheap media? I don’t mind buying better media like Verbatim but I hate to waste more $ if I can’t play it on my DVD player. The whole idea is for me to save $ buying DVD’s twice because they get ruined over time.

Thanks again,
my0wn[/quote]
remove region code I believe is so you can play your back ups of your DVDs that you bought from another country that uses a different region coding than the country you are from. Like me I go to the Philippines every year and they are region 3 and I am in Canada which is region 1. My DVD player only plays region 1 DVDs so I need to copy the movies from the Philippines and remove all region coding so I can play the back ups in my DVD player.

[quote=my0wn911;2160874] My manual for the DVD player says DVD’s with[B] invalid region codes[/B] will not play.
Thanks again,
my0wn[/quote]
Check your manual and see if it can play [B]ALL[/B] region DVDs. The invalid region codes is only to tell you it will not play a DVD from another country that has a different region code than the country you are from

Thanks to all for the help, I did away with nxt copy and went with DVDFab and imgburn, everything is working fine. I also went out and found some Verbatim DVD’s and I am loving te results so thanks to all for the tips.
My0wn