Unable to play CD-RW disc after recording

vbimport

Can someone please help a dummy like me?

I have wasted a perfectly sunny day trying to figure out why my CD I tried to burn with my new CD-RW drive will not play in a Audio CD. I started by converting my MP3 songs to a WAV format using a shareware program. Then I selected these from my hard drive using Easy CD Creator. I know this part worked fine because my WAV's were played by Winamp and Easy CD. Then I used the Wizard to create an AUDIO CD, and it went thru the process and created my CD. When I load the CD that was created, it recognizes all of the tracks, and plays them but no sound is heard. I tried to play the CD in my stereo but same deal. Could someone tell me what might be wrong? Thanks!

Sometimes audio players will not read a rewritable disc…or you didn’t finalize the sessions?

your computer cddrive is capable of mulitread so thats why he can read it and play the music.

Its better for music cds to put them on ordinary recordables.

regards,
R_N

Thanks for the fast response!
I think that EASY CD creator is set to finalize automatically, and I still got the same problem. I also tried downloading Nero and using it the same way. Same problem. So I think that the problem might be that I am using the CD-RW discs. Thanks for the info. I’ll have to go and buy some tonight and try your suggestion!

Thanks for the fast response!
I think that EASY CD creator is set to finalize automatically, and I still got the same problem. I also tried downloading Nero and using it the same way. Same problem. So I think that the problem might be that I am using the CD-RW discs. Thanks for the info. I’ll have to go and buy some tonight and try your suggestion!

your problem is definitely trying to use cd-rw discs to listen to audio. I would say over 90% or audio disc players wont play cd-rw’s

-X-

Hey guys. Thanks for trying. I must be really daft because I still can’t play back audio after burning a CD-R Disc. What format should the tracks be saved in? Just curious. When I browse the burned CD I get all tracks as .cda files. Is there anything else to do so that I can hear my CD? Thanks again!

Its correct that the files are in cda format. they are all 44 kb if you check them i guess.

strange if you can hear them… odd

Do these CD-R’s play music in windows CD-player if they do you must finalize the CD-R in order to get them to work on your CD-player. If they are already finalized and don’t work in your CD-player then there’s something wrong indeed. try using aother brand of CD-R just to be certain.

[This message has been edited by sampoo (edited 23 May 2000).]

The source audio files should be PCM wave data, 44.1 Khz, 16-bit, stereo. The fact that you can play your files with WinAmp doesn’t mean they are suited for the job : WinAmp plays almost every file format. The very best audio-CD program around is Feurio!, but be careful with the key generators, the authors of Feurio! are a bit sneaky. Feurio! will automatically convert your MP3s and put them on the disc. You should also try using TDK CD-Rs, in my experience they are the best quality you can get. Hope this helps…

Well guys I have an audio CD that works now. Thanks for everybody’s excellent advice. I used Easy Cd creator in the end, and the CD-R discs, finalized and now have an audio CD that works! It is so great to finally have it done.