Unable to perform system scan

i have avira anti virus on my pc , and it always works really well.
but the last week or so when i perform a fullscan or a scan of documents and settings folder is stops scanning on a certain file . attached is a screenshot of where it stops and i clicked on it and it shows the exact path of the file its stops on .
however when i goto that folder and uncheck hide function of files and folders and also uncheck hide system operating files , i cannot see the file in question or any exe file there . . it says its in content IE5 folder but there are no folders there to see .

i did a PC search for the file of mediainfo and nothing comes up either .

i am adminastator of pc /owner .

can any1 tell me what to do to get to that file and delete it .as its the only thing stopping me from scanning pc .

try running CleanUp!
http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?Itemid=69&id=15&option=com_content&task=view

or search for delete content .ie5, this folder will recreate itself when needed
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=delete+content+.ie5&btnG=Google+Search

i have a dos method of deleting the content .ie5 if you need it. :slight_smile:

I’d suggest http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html (a free download) allow it to clean up your temp files and such…then run your avira again…
I use avira as well with great results…you just have some kind of glitch in your temp files…so clean them up and it should work just fine

You could also just use the Disk Cleanup Wizard.
Open my computer -> Right-Click your C: Drive->Then select properties.
On the general tab, click “DISK CLEANUP” & tick “Temporary Internet Files” & click OK .

ok thanks guys , its gone now .

just curious now , why cant i see the content ie5 folder as in the image above , yet i can see the folders in default user but they are always empty .

Because they are hidden/system files & you have “Display Hidden or System files” option turned off - which is the default windows setting.
That one little tick box prevents noobs from trashing their system & driving up M$ support costs.

If you prefer to maintain the option to trash your system at will, open my computer ->Tools->Folder options->View->

Turn on "Show hidden files & folders"
Turn off “Hide Protected operating system files”.

Yeehaw!

The following files should not be deleted:
C:\IO.sys
C:\Boot.ini
C:\NTDETECT.COM
C:\MSDOS.SYS
C:\NTLDR
C:\PAGEFILE.SYS
Anything under C:\Windows, or C:\Program Files\Common Files.
Probably also not a good to delete anything under c:\documents & settings either, unless you know what you are doing.

Everything else is kind-of optional :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=ghosts;2154458]…when i goto that folder and uncheck hide function of files and folders and also uncheck hide system operating files , i cannot see the file in question or any exe file there…[/QUOTE]

Apologies …

Files have probably already been removed … but the programs read the old TOC of the partition, and so it craps itself trying to read/delete a non-existant file.