Unable To Perform Dvd Scan On -rom!

vbimport

Hi,

I have currently 2 drives wich are perfect capable to read out/ scan cd+r/-r, dvd+r (singel and dual layer aswell)

Now, when it comes down to try and scan an Original pressed Dual Layer i get an initializing error whit both Liteon 201AP, and SH-203D@203P drive through cd speed!!,??

Iam howerver capable to do Single Layer pressed dvd-roms on both driver perfectly.

I guess it has something to do whit the Encryption wich protect the dvd’s from copying!!

tnx in advance,

reetkever,

Here 2pics as example and 2 (last) pictures from an perfect scanned pressed single layer and trt scan!!

[QUOTE=reetkevers;2004580]Here 2pics as example and 2 (last) pictures from an perfect scanned pressed single layer and trt scan!![/QUOTE]

I am going to attempt a scan of a single-layer and a dual-layer pressed commercial video DVD, just to make sure that something is hindering the scans…

Just did so. Commercially pressed DVD Videos – whether single-layer or dual-layer – produced the very same error as your first two scan attempts above. This is due to the copy protection that’s on all major studio video DVDs.

[QUOTE=RJL65;2004590]I am going to attempt a scan of a single-layer and a dual-layer pressed commercial video DVD, just to make sure that something is hindering the scans…

Just did so. Commercially pressed DVD Videos – whether single-layer or dual-layer – produced the very same error as your first two scan attempts above. This is due to the copy protection that’s on all major studio video DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Well i thought so too, untill ive tried Kprobe. Iam currently scanning that very same so WEL PROTECTED video dvd whit NO problems :iagree:. Iam currently at arround 70% and counting.

I guess NERO in general is allergic scanning HEAVINLY protected dvds perhaps, but kprobe have YET to FAIL on 1 PRESSED Dual or single layer wheiter its heavinly protected or not so it seems.

I always have to fall back on kprobe for such an scans and they NEVER fail. Although i see that the speed isnt very hight problebly due to that protecting encryption he needs to force and decrypt . But ill try to scan it again in addition whit ANyDVD :slight_smile:

Oh and on a sidenote, i especialy scanning this pressed dual layer because the playback wos unacceptable bad on TOP NOTCH philips dvd player no less.

Appearantly, according to my sister in law the movie skipped/stuttered paused on some scenes!!! And i wos curious to see an scan of that DL movie just to compare whit my other countless scans ive made from DUAL LAYER +R copys.
And as u can see the PIE"'s and PIF’s are going through the roof :iagree:

And poeple, ive learned through the years watching allot dvd’s wich ive compared whit scans afterwards that [U][B]TOTAL AMOUNT[/B][/U] of [B]PIE / PIF [/B]is as [U][B]IMPORTANT[/B][/U] as [U][B]MAX PIE / PIF[/B][/U] if not more [U][B]IMPORTANT[/B][/U]

Ive had the opurtunity to test an certain dvd players, and ive noticed that any made dvd+r or +R DL with error rates of not more then MAX PIE of marely 50 and not more then MAX PIF of marely 3 resulted in sutter in some scenes eventually so… Thats why i focused on the TOTAL amount aswell…

That is the PRESSED DL in question ive just scanned:

[QUOTE=RJL65;2004590]I am going to attempt a scan of a single-layer and a dual-layer pressed commercial video DVD, just to make sure that something is hindering the scans…

Just did so. Commercially pressed DVD Videos – whether single-layer or dual-layer – produced the very same error as your first two scan attempts above. This is due to the copy protection that’s on all major studio video DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Hey RJL65,

For the First Time ive MANAGED to scan that very SaME problematic pressed dvd-rom through CD/DVD SPeed using the CSS KEYS in adition whit Anydvd go figure :bow:

And Judging by that scan its NO WONDER why that disc doesnt play even PROPERLY let alone flawless!!!

And again, that awfull scan infact do reflect on how it reads and play in my stand alone dvdplayer too now :iagree:

Why, ive burned DVD+R DL’s whit at least 3 times less PIF’s and PIE’s errors

check this: DL dvd-rom VS DL dvd+R (booktype -rom)

update,

And so it seems that my samsung 203P now too confirms wot my Liteon showed me in a scan:

CD-Speed won’t do transfer rate tests on CSS protected discs without additional action on your part. The same may apply to quality scans (it does for my LiteOn 165P6S).

Here’s what you have to do:

• open the disc with a media player like PowerDVD or WinDVD. This unlocks the disc because these programs have the required CSS keys. You can close it again right away.
  • After that, you can perform a TRT or quality scan with CD-Speed just like with unprotected media.

G

[QUOTE=MediumRare;2004946]CD-Speed won’t do transfer rate tests on CSS protected discs without additional action on your part. The same may apply to quality scans (it does for my LiteOn 165P6S).

Here’s what you have to do:

• open the disc with a media player like PowerDVD or WinDVD. This unlocks the disc because these programs have the required CSS keys. You can close it again right away.
  • After that, you can perform a TRT or quality scan with CD-Speed just like with unprotected media.

G[/QUOTE]

I thought i wos clear on that part by upploading scans for one :eek: to get an scan out of such an protected dvd using ccs keys by using an far more simpler method then to use powerdvd or any software player!!

Also ,that method u mention isnt garanteed to read out that disc always !!!
I mean , sometimes cdspeed still give problems using your method!!
reetkevers,

I have AnyDVD working in the background to stop all encryptions and protections and I have never had a problem scanning any pressed disc.

Use AnyDVD.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2005870]I have AnyDVD working in the background to stop all encryptions and protections and I have never had a problem scanning any pressed disc.

Use AnyDVD.[/QUOTE]

Didnt i came to that conclusion myself !? see my earlier posts :confused:

I guess you did. Easy to miss info with so many posts close together :stuck_out_tongue:

That pressed DVD does have heaps of errors. It could be degrading. you should scan again in a month to see if the errors have climbed up more than before. I’ve had a few originals that worked perfect to begin with but went bad after a few years.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2006597]I guess you did. Easy to miss info with so many posts close together :stuck_out_tongue:

That pressed DVD does have heaps of errors. It could be degrading. you should scan again in a month to see if the errors have climbed up more than before. I’ve had a few originals that worked perfect to begin with but went bad after a few years.[/QUOTE]

I agree, and i will . If my sister in law havent returned it to replace it for another one at the shop by then!! :stuck_out_tongue: