Unable To Make Backup Copy

vbimport

Hi,
Everyone Iam new to this forums.I guess many gurus are here,well from last six month Iam trying to make run a dvd which finally i came to know today,after installing ray-scanner that it has created in safe disc which i really don’t know what it is.

it shows> SIGN ON CD/ DVD INDICATES SAFE DISC 2/3
SAFE DISC 4,85000 DETECTED- > D:/SUPPORT/si.app.exe
D:SI-2007-03-EN ( ECBOACCD )

I tried to copy this in harddrive and try to mount images in deamon tools as i have been told but no luck.after mounting it give me this message

PLEASE INSERT CORRECT DVD ROM AND RESTART APPLICATION

Beleive me i dont have much knowlege of computers,but from last six month i learn a lot.Now my question is how do i make run this dvd in virtual drive without using original one?Any help would be appreciate from all gurus.thanks in advance.

Moved to CD & DVD Copy Protections forum.

Welcome jackyshaikh,

what’s the title of the DVD? Rescan your disc and installation folder using protection id so you can verify it’s safedisc protected as aray hasn’t been updated for about 3 years.

Hi,
thanks kalas i did installed pid and checked the protection,well how do i copy report scan and add in the post?any help would be appreciate
thanks in advance.

Just post the used protection and version no need posting the whole scan report and don’t forget the title of the DVD.

Hi,
kalas this is what i got protection report as it shows.

PROTECTION USED

MICROSOFT SFXCAB MODULE V4.4.71.10150
MICROSOFT SFXCAB MODULE V4.71.10150
SAFE DISC 4.85.000
POSSIBLE CD\DVD-KEY OR SERIAL CHECK
POSSIBLE CD\DVD -CHECK
POSSIBLECD\DVD -KEY OR SERIAL CHECK
INSTALLSHIELD V9.1.0.429 SETUP MODULE
INSTALLSHEILD V 8 X SETUP MODULE

VERSION

D:SI-2007-03-EN

TITLE

TECHLINE GM SERVICE INFORMATION

Hope some one can solve out this case.thanks in advance to all gurus.

Hi,
Buddies even after one week nobody has the solution of above disc.I know i takes time,but iam desparate please help.I read so many topics and i did install DISJUGLER but its ony allowing 700 mb to copy images,mine is 5.75 GB. If any program works for me i will go for it, only thing is that it should work in trial period. Any thoughts of above protection what exactly it is,and solution as well. thanks in advance.

@jackyshaikh

• Download the free version of [U]Alcohol 52%[/U]
  • start Image Making Wizard and create a new image using the Safedisc datatype
  • mount that image in Alcohol’s or Daemon Tool’s virtual drive
  • open DVD/CD drive EDM system (under View) and deactivate your real optical DVD drive(s)

Now try to start the app

Hi,
Thanks Terramex.:clap: I will try as you say and let you know soon.well how do i deactivate optical drive? can you please provide instructions in details, how to do that. thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=jackyshaikh;2068313]well how do i deactivate optical drive? can you please provide instructions in details, how to do that. [/QUOTE]Sorry, didn’t explain properly.
[I]DVD/CD drive EDM system[/I] is part of Alcohol 52% to be found under [I]view[/I]

Hi,
Thanks terramex i have just formated my laptop,I will install alchol program and let you the result.thanks one again for puting effort in my post.

Hi,
Everyone i cannot install alchol,deamon tools in my laptop after formating.its showing nsis error any thought ?

Do you possibly have installed a firewall you haven’t used before (some motherborad driver packages do automatically install Firewalls).

If not, then temporarily deactivate any other firewall or virus scanner and redownload the Daemon/Alcohol installers.

Hi,
Terramex thanks for help,my flash drive was gone bad due to virus.I have formated now.I have install alchol,I will try as you say the procedure on top and let you know. thanks once again.:slight_smile:

[quote=Terramex;2068266]@jackyshaikh

• Download the free version of [U]Alcohol 52%[/U]
  • start Image Making Wizard and create a new image using the Safedisc datatype
  • mount that image in Alcohol’s or Daemon Tool’s virtual drive
  • open DVD/CD drive EDM system (under View) and deactivate your real optical DVD drive(s)

Now try to start the app[/quote]

Hi,
Terramex i did exactly as you said,even after deactivating physical drive,it tries to start just like commant prompt and gives, same message appears as i have stated on top.i tried two times one in iso format other in mds format.Have i missed something,or is there other options too?
Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=jackyshaikh;2063266]Hi,
kalas this is what i got protection report as it shows.

PROTECTION USED

MICROSOFT SFXCAB MODULE V4.4.71.10150
MICROSOFT SFXCAB MODULE V4.71.10150
SAFE DISC 4.85.000
POSSIBLE CD\DVD-KEY OR SERIAL CHECK
POSSIBLE CD\DVD -CHECK
POSSIBLECD\DVD -KEY OR SERIAL CHECK
INSTALLSHIELD V9.1.0.429 SETUP MODULE

VERSION

D:SI-2007-03-EN

TITLE

TECHLINE GM SERVICE INFORMATION

Hope some one can solve out this case.thanks in advance to all gurus.[/QUOTE]

I am still wondering what is the title of your media? Is it Techline GM service Information DVD or what is the name?? I a wondering as what the MOD ask as well???

Hi,
thanks for reply buddy.sorry to ask this TITLE means the name on disc right? If so then it is techline information. i cant make backup copy of it,and unable to run in virtual drive as well.please see if you can help me in this case.thanks in advance.

@jackyshaikh
Just in case you’ve tried with MDS format in the same windows session you’ve tried with ISO (which can’t work):
Do the mounting and deactivation of drives after a reboot.

If it still doesn’t work you can try with a burned copy (RMPS copy with Alcohol 120% or EZ-Play copy with Blindwrite 6).

Hi,
Thanks Terramex i will try today as you explain.I hope this should work.where can i find download links of alchol120% & blindwrite?any input would be appreciated.thanks in advance.

You’re welcome to look for links on your own initiative; Google is also your friend :wink:
The companies’ names are Alcohol Software and VSO.

If you try Alcohol use the [I]Safedisc[/I] profile for Image making & burning, before you insert the burned copy activate [I]RMPS[/I] in Emulation options.
If you try Blindwrite 6 use the [I]Automatic[/I] profile for Image making & burning.

And remember: after a failed start attempt reboot before tring next method

P.S.: Uninstall Alcohol 52% before installing 120% (the installer would remind you anyway); if RMPS copy works you can later also use the RMPS emulation option of Alcohol 52% or Daemon Tools.