Unable to intialise ASPI-manager

Hi there,

I have the following problem: I have installed a liteon-DVD RW burner LDW-811S on a Pentium III 466 Mhz computer with 256 MB RAM running on Win 98.

The PC recognices the drive, but by using myDVD from Sony leads to the message: unable to initialize ASPI-manager. I have installed the ASPI-manager from ADAPTEC (or similar), but that did not change the situation.

can anybody help me???

cheers
berweb

Try to start with “search” button at top of the page. :smiley:
Search for “aspi”, “aspi+windows98”, “killaspi”, aso.

:cool:

BTW, read this thread.

Hi pinto2,

sorry but your mail could not satisfy me. Sorry, but I am really NO professional in that. Could you please elaborate a bit in what I should do??

thanks very much

Berweb

google for forceaspi 1.7 (NOT 1.8) and install that. After that you should have no problems anymore

Originally posted by berweb
Hi pinto2,
sorry but your mail could not satisfy me. Sorry, but I am really NO professional in that. Could you please elaborate a bit in what I should do??
Berweb

I didn´t send you any mail:confused:

And, I´m NO “professional”.
Y´ll have to read, search and learn, if you wanna fix your problem. :cool:

Pls follow the procedure described here > Install ASPI

thanks, BoSkin,

but I do not have Nero as a burning engine, but myDVD and there I cannot find any setup options. So what could I do?

a desparate BerWeb

Originally posted by berweb

So what could I do?
Well, you need to download this one and check what’s there > [COLOR=blue]NeroInfoTool_207.zip

Btw, I wonder if you read of where to get and how to install ForceASPI ?
That part is much more important to you :[/COLOR]

Originally posted by BoSkin

" INSTASPI - Installs the latest, 4.60 (1021), Adaptec ASPI layer on Win9x, WinME, WinNT and Win2K.
Any existing ASPI Layers will be overwritten."

Mine’s in C:\WINDOWS\ForceASPI - KProbe sets it there by default.
Also I have an additional one in KProbe’s folder. So that it’s up to you where to it can be placed.
The Index html file should be there bundled - click on it to view the content.

Just click on INSTASPI and then check the ASPI layer w Nero InfoTool.

Hopefully it’ll help you to ease your pain. :smiley: