Unable to Flash New LiteOn XJ-HD 166s!

vbimport

Okay I’m getting plain fed up with lite on Readers… I have and 165 CUH1 <— UNFLASHABLE… and now I just bought a new XJ-HD 166S and guess what? UNFLASHABLE! I checked it with LTNflash (newest) and it came with DS18… And when I try and upgrade to DS1C it gets to 100% then just sits there… I’m trying right now with DS1A and it’s stuck at 99% and hasn’t budged in 5min! Wtf is wrong with my drive/s?!

Originally posted by V12|V12
Okay I’m getting plain fed up with lite on Readers… I have and 165 CUH1 <— UNFLASHABLE… and now I just bought a new XJ-HD 166S and guess what? UNFLASHABLE! I checked it with LTNflash (newest) and it came with DS18… And when I try and upgrade to DS1C it gets to 100% then just sits there… I’m trying right now with DS1A and it’s stuck at 99% and hasn’t budged in 5min! Wtf is wrong with my drive/s?!

I wonder if it might possibly be a problem with the setup. Have you been able to flash any other LiteOn drives?

try setting your drive to PIO Mode instead of UDMA before flashing. Don´t forget to set back afterwards :wink:

Have you tried flashfix

No need for LtnFlash… :smiley:

Go here for more info and FW.

Well my god… it WORKED!!! I don’t believe it, PIO mode worked… now it’s (166S) is flashed, why or how in the world I didn’t think of that months ago, I don’t know? :confused:

THANKS GUYS! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :iagree:

:wink: btw, therefore it seems your IDE Drivers are buggy. Check if there are any updates

Ah, thanks… far as I know, I’m using the latest Nforce drivers from Nvidia, for my A7n266-C… :confused:

I’ve seen several posts with people talking about how the nForce drivers give them problems and that they were better off using the default WinXP drivers that Microsoft provide.

Ah yeah… I can’t remember how well my drives did in testing with the default XP drives… And I can’t remember how to get them back to defaults, haha!

guys i have sony dw-q120A dvd-rw that won’t flash. i also have a nividia nforce4 mobo. how fo i set this PIO mode ?

That’s why I prefer SAFE MODE for flashing drives. :wink:

How do you flash in PIO mode?

Do the opposite of what’s described here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616
(select PIO Only for the channel with your drive and reboot).

Don’t forget to enable DMA again after the firmware flash, or you’ll be burning DVD’s @ 2X speed. (If it works, pls. let us know in your other thread) :slight_smile:

Unfortunatly, no luck.

Just startup in SAFE MODE, that way you won’t need to deactivate and then reactivate DMA mode including rebooting…