Unable to Flash LH-20A1L

I’ve tried the stock firmware upgrades, even the BL05, and also the enhanced firmware, and none will work. The only result I can get is “No matched drive detected !

The drive shows in the error window as I: (but doesn’t identify the model), although Nero InfoTool finds it successfully as I: and does identify it as I:\LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L.

Is there some problem updating this SATA drive? The drive is connected to a MB SATA controller, not an add-on card.

What version firmware is on it now?

BL01, which is why I want to update it. Seems quite slow on some of the DL discs I was using, but their own updater can’t seem to recognize the drive.

Hi,[QUOTE=NoSpam;1923656]
Is there some problem updating this SATA drive? The drive is connected to a MB SATA controller, not an add-on card.[/QUOTE]What SATA controller is that? Or at least mention the Mainboard chipset, please. It is also worth mentioning if your SATA controller is set to RAID in your BIOS setup.

There is a known issue with at least VIA chipsets and Samsung SATA drives, that also prevents firmware upgrades. Similar might also happen with other SATA controllers and other drives, that’s why I ask.

Michael