Unable to figure out how to make a ISO image for a bootable CD

I’m trying to make a bootable CD from O/S files in a folder on my HDD. This is a ‘Lite’ version of XP Corp (stripped of the bloat).
I use Nero V6.6 and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to make a iso file to burn to a CD.

I did this before (a few years ago) but can’t figure it out. A couple other programs allow making a iso file from a CD, but not from files on a HDD.

No help at Sharky’s huh?

I saw your post there a few days ago.

As the admin on that forum points out, CD/DVD discussion is [B]not the core topic[/B] for that forum so they couldn’t give a damn. That is why every CD/DVD thread with the word [B]COPY[/B] is automatically locked.

Anyway, you have come to the right forums for assistance.

Try the link below for instructions on how to create a bootable CD.

Creating bootable Windows 2000/XP/2003 Disc (Nero 6)

That was another post on a different subject. Nothing to do with CDs’.

I have that link and what was/is confusing me is just what is required to be included in that first entry in the boot tab. It’s just that “boot.ima” file, correct??

Somehow I thought your post was made a few days ago.
I was mistaken, it was made today and it is an exact replica of your initial post in this thread.
I was referring to this post…
http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthread.php?t=288121

Back to your question…
Once you download the [B]boot.ima[/B] from the link provided in the instructions, your only requirement is to direct Nero to the location of the file.
In the example below [B]C:\OS\BOOT[/B] is the location of the [B]boot.ima[/B] file displayed in [B]STEP #7[/B]. Nero needs this file in order to make the disc bootable.

Be sure to duplicate the settings as they are displayed in yellow in the example.

Hi,

I have downloaded the free trial of Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition x64 and it is an iso file. I am trying to burn it to a DVD to make it bootable but no luck so far. I have followed instruction with magiciso and nero but still nothing. I also read that i need to have a boot.ima file to make it bootable but i can’t find it, or do i make it and if so how? Please let me know.

Thank you

Hi,[QUOTE=Besi;2478139]
I have downloaded the free trial of Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition x64 and it is an iso file. I am trying to burn it to a DVD to make it bootable but no luck so far.[/QUOTE]In Nerö, you need to select “burn Disc Image” as project type. Or use ImgBurn :slight_smile:

If you still can’t boot, then there is another problem.

Michael

mciahel,

Thank you for the prompt response but i have already done this step. Is there anything in particular i should know about this? Please let know.

thanks

Windows server 2008 and Windows 7 are very similar, if I remember correctly.
If so, then this is likely a problem of your system - my own computer isn’t able to boot from a Win7 disc either. Seems to be an issue of the IDE (or Sata) controller Bios.

Michael